problem 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited

Old February 14th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default problem 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited

Recently i purchased a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I need help with two
problems.There is a lever to open the fuel tank door,when you pull the
lever you can see the cable go in and the fuel door wont stay shut its
like theres something missing on the fuel door please help me with this
also my gauge says rear tail lights all lights work in the back but the
light stays on it usually come on as soon as you turn the parking lights
on could this be a ground.
Thanks for everyone who appys

Old February 17th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"blazerchic" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
: Recently i purchased a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I need help with two
: problems.There is a lever to open the fuel tank door,when you pull the
: lever you can see the cable go in and the fuel door wont stay shut its
: like theres something missing on the fuel door please help me with this
: also my gauge says rear tail lights all lights work in the back but the
: light stays on it usually come on as soon as you turn the parking lights
: on could this be a ground.
: Thanks for everyone who appys

Hi there
About that fuel door...
Can you post photos of it. nice clear ones and good and close to it.

With your lights.Even though you are turning all the lights on, are you
checking the blinkers too?
You probabaly know that the rear bulbs sometimes have two filaments in them,
and if the one for the blinker is burned out you will not see it but your
system might. Have you checked your third brake light?

Try turning on the emergency flashers and see if they all work properly.

If they do, the next step may be to start at the back and even though it
takes a lot of time and trouble, clean the contacts. Get a pencil with a
good eraser on it and rub the contacts with the eraser and use some steel
wool (plain- nothing on it) to clean the tips of the bulbs where they
connect. There may be some crud in them from who knows what causing a loss
of connection.

HOpe that some of this is helpful. Please be sure to post what you find and
when you get it fixed how you did it

KJK

Old February 17th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

blazerchic did pass the time by typing:
> Recently i purchased a 1995 jeep grand cherokee I need help with two
> problems.There is a lever to open the fuel tank door,when you pull the
> lever you can see the cable go in and the fuel door wont stay shut its
> like theres something missing on the fuel door please help me with this
> also my gauge says rear tail lights all lights work in the back but the
> light stays on it usually come on as soon as you turn the parking lights
> on could this be a ground.
> Thanks for everyone who appys

The plastic catch breaks.

Your talking about the "rear lamp failure" message?
If so, that can be caused by a corroded socket or bad
bulb connection. It can also be caused by a corroded
connector in the harness. I'd start by removing and
checking each of the bulbs.
A bad bulb is shown here.
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/blub/

The corroded harness on my 93 was located here.
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/Fixes/...mpfailure.html

--
DougW

Old February 17th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

thje wrong bulbs can also turn on that message since it all works off ohm;s
from the filaments in the bulbs