99 Breeze Alternator Belt Tension

Old March 27th 11, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dale Allen[_2_]

Default 99 Breeze Alternator Belt Tension

How do you adjust the alternator belt tension on a 99 Plymouth Breeze 2.0 L?
I've followed the instructions in the service manual and all that does is
pull the alternator toward the front of the car to the limit of the bracket
travel. It does not adjust the idler pulley at all. I have about 2 inches of
slack in the belt that does not adjust out. Guidance needed. Thanks in
advance.

Old March 27th 11, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

"Dale Allen" > writes:

> How do you adjust the alternator belt tension on a 99 Plymouth Breeze
> 2.0 L? I've followed the instructions in the service manual and all
> that does is pull the alternator toward the front of the car to the
> limit of the bracket travel. It does not adjust the idler pulley at
> all. I have about 2 inches of slack in the belt that does not adjust
> out. Guidance needed. Thanks in advance.

From your description (I haven't worked on a Breeze), is it possible
you've got the wrong belt? Years and years ago, I bought a belt that
turned out to be mis-labelled...
--
It's time to try defying gravity

belt tension Mel P.[_2_] Jeep 13 December 24th 07 04:28 PM
Honda timing belt tension [email protected] Honda 4 November 20th 07 09:02 PM
Timing Belt Tension Problems Elle Honda 30 July 22nd 07 07:20 PM
4L Drive belt Tension DanFXR Jeep 2 July 4th 06 03:29 PM
timing belt tension Ryan Underwood Technology 14 September 25th 05 12:13 AM