oxygen sensors

Old September 23rd 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Eternal Searcher

Default plug wires; bosch, ngk, OEM?

z wrote:

> best replacement plug wires for a B16?
> tia.

OEM for sure.
Old September 23rd 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
z[_1_]

On Sep 23, 1:12*pm, Eternal Searcher
> wrote:
> z wrote:
> > best replacement plug wires for a B16?
> > tia.

> OEM for sure.

wow. they're cheaper, too!
Old September 25th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
z[_1_]

Default another oxygen sensors question...

On Sep 16, 6:22*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Steve B. > wrote in news:qsb0d4laj2ptl1dgenqn9uk43ql9ua4pcp@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:56:45 -0700 (PDT), z >
> > wrote:

> >>while i'm on *the subject:

> >>i'm just winging *this repair, so does this sound like not too
> >>halfbaked a diagnostic:

> > I would be surprised if this turned out to be an O2 problem. *Sounds
> > more like an ignition problem, especially with the puddle in the
> > picture.

> Old wires, I'll bet.
>
> --
> Tegger

as it turned out: bad wire; which fixed, allowed the ecu to tell me my
o2 sensor was bad.
Old September 26th 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech

Default oxygen sensors

I don't work for Bosch . Just here to talk about the good, bad and
ugly of cars.

We all have different experiences I certainly respect that. I don't
doubt your bad experiences with Bosch, but I've had excellent luck
with them. Especially the planar types, using them to fix cheap Denso
junk related problems like the P0420 converter efficiency problem (no
converter replacement necessary). As some pointed out, Honda actually
uses Bosch in some cars. Toyota TSBs replaced wideband Denso junk.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...s/PlanarO2.htm

If Denso junk work then use them. Fram oil filters and Bridgestone
tires work for many too. So the owner decides.

Old September 26th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech

OEM (most likely made by NGK, like OEM plugs). And NGK Laser-
Iridiums.

Old September 26th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech

Most Hondas use better parts like NGK spark plugs (I prefer NGK
Iridium-IX or Laser-Iridiums), Nissin/Findlex/Akebono brake pads, and
Gates timing belts, not the cheaper Denso, NBK pads or Mitsuboshi/
Bando that's showing up more unfortunately these days.

IMO Denso's lower tech stuff work fine. More sophisticated things like
ABS module they still have to use Bosch or licensed builds from Bosch.

Old September 26th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
jim beam

wrote:
> I don't work for Bosch . Just here to talk about the good, bad and
> ugly of cars.
>
> We all have different experiences I certainly respect that. I don't
> doubt your bad experiences with Bosch, but I've had excellent luck
> with them. Especially the planar types, using them to fix cheap Denso
> junk related problems like the P0420 converter efficiency problem (no
> converter replacement necessary). As some pointed out, Honda actually
> uses Bosch in some cars. Toyota TSBs replaced wideband Denso junk.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...s/PlanarO2.htm

with respect, i think you're confused. just because a sensor is
wideband, doesn't mean it's bosch or some kind of re-labeled bosch.

> If Denso junk work then use them. Fram oil filters and Bridgestone
> tires work for many too. So the owner decides.

so exactly why do you think denso are junk? i've worked with both - not
only is denso better build quality, they last longer. i ask because i
don't understand what you're looking for that makes the difference to you.

if you mean that just because it fudges a "pass" on a smog check because
it has looser tolerances aimed for exactly that purpose, /i/ don't think
that makes it better quality, i think it makes is a fudge.

oxygen sensors z[_1_] Technology 54 November 5th 08 05:29 PM
oxygen sensors [email protected] Technology 1 November 16th 07 07:30 AM
96 SL Oxygen Sensors tromboneguy Saturn 5 December 27th 06 06:39 PM
AWA [DEMAND] O2 SENSORS/OXYGEN SENSORS [email protected] General 0 December 19th 05 05:11 AM
oxygen sensors dumbass Saturn 4 September 30th 04 02:22 AM