2008 Accord

Old October 9th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dhouston

Default 2008 Accord

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:19:08 -0400, "alfred" >
wrote:

>Yes the car is bigger, and its in the full size category instead of a mid
>sized car. It has alot more HP and is supposed to have better handling and
>braking and ride. Its already in my dealerships where I am. I personally
>like the looks of the new accord. I don't think its ugly at all.I was
>thinking about dark gray for a color, but still not sure if I want this car.
>Maybe.

It would be one of two cars I'd select to buy if I had to buy a car
today.
Old October 9th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"ACAR" wrote

> Seats: IMHO, the cloth seats in the 2008 EX are very comfortable, FAR
> better than those in the last Accord (which I thought were lousy).

Funny, I think my 2004 Accord cloth seats are great. Now my future car
choice has a lot to do with the seat! Since I was recently considering a
small SUV for a future replacement, I sat in a CR-V, RAV-4, Forester, and
Outback. To me, none of them could compare to the comfort and quality of the
2004 Accord seat. I wouldn't be able to tolerate any of them. I think it was
because the seats themselves are shallower than those of the Accord. If the
2008 seats are even better, then I'm glad to hear that.

On alt.autos.honda (or whatever it is), a fellow reported he prefers the
styling of the CR-V over the RAV-4. Go figure. ;-) This is why there are
many manufacturers and models from which to choose -- something for
everybody's tastes and needs.

Old October 9th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dhouston

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:53:50 -0500, dhouston wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:19:08 -0400, "alfred" >
>wrote:
>
>>Yes the car is bigger, and its in the full size category instead of a mid
>>sized car. It has alot more HP and is supposed to have better handling and
>>braking and ride. Its already in my dealerships where I am. I personally
>>like the looks of the new accord. I don't think its ugly at all.I was
>>thinking about dark gray for a color, but still not sure if I want this car.
>>Maybe.
>>

>It would be one of two cars I'd select to buy if I had to buy a car
>today.

Just to add to my earlier post, those 2 cars today would be the Accord
or Corolla tho I'd prefer to not to buy them in their first model year
unless I have to have a new car (I already have 4 cars so not likely I
need one immediately). Of course I could buy lexus, bmw, etc.. but
I have better things to do with my excess money. And yeah, I buy with
cash nowadays.
Old October 9th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

<dhouston> wrote in message ...
> Just to add to my earlier post, those 2 cars today would be the Accord
> or Corolla tho I'd prefer to not to buy them in their first model year
> unless I have to have a new car (I already have 4 cars so not likely I
> need one immediately). Of course I could buy lexus, bmw, etc.. but
> I have better things to do with my excess money. And yeah, I buy with
> cash nowadays.

I am confused...
Why do you think you need to explain your financial situation here? :-)
Let's talk about cars, how you pay for them and how much is on
your savings account is not our business :-)
Old October 10th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dhouston

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:49:01 -0500, "Pszemol" >
wrote:

><dhouston> wrote in message ...
>> Just to add to my earlier post, those 2 cars today would be the Accord
>> or Corolla tho I'd prefer to not to buy them in their first model year
>> unless I have to have a new car (I already have 4 cars so not likely I
>> need one immediately). Of course I could buy lexus, bmw, etc.. but
>> I have better things to do with my excess money. And yeah, I buy with
>> cash nowadays.

>I am confused...
>Why do you think you need to explain your financial situation here? :-)
>Let's talk about cars, how you pay for them and how much is on
>your savings account is not our business :-)

Just to explain that I could have no problem obtaining more expensive
cars but otherwise I agree with you. Don't worry I won't discuss my
financial situation any further.
Old October 10th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR[_1_]

On Oct 9, 11:29 am, "Howard Lester" > wrote:
snip
> Now my future car
> choice has a lot to do with the seat!

snip

Well, there are plenty of aftermarket seats if that's the only thing a
particular vehicle needs to make it onto your "buy" list.

Yeah, the AWD V6 RAV4 is a pretty interesting package considering the
outstanding mpg, strong engine and utility.

Old October 10th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"ACAR" wrote

>> Now my future car
>> choice has a lot to do with the seat!

> snip

> Well, there are plenty of aftermarket seats if that's the only thing a
> particular vehicle needs to make it onto your "buy" list.

Isn't there an "issue" with replacing all the OEM seat's electricals and the
side air bag into the aftermarket seat?

Old October 10th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Oct 10, 12:03 pm, "Howard Lester" > wrote:
> "ACAR" wrote
>
> >> Now my future car
> >> choice has a lot to do with the seat!

> > snip
> > Well, there are plenty of aftermarket seats if that's the only thing a
> > particular vehicle needs to make it onto your "buy" list.

> Isn't there an "issue" with replacing all the OEM seat's electricals

electricals can be handled;

> and the
> side air bag into the aftermarket seat?

side air bag - that's a problem I hadn't considered...but now that
you mention it that's why my dealer suggested I go to a seat re-
upholsterer when I complained about seat comfort.

Old October 10th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"ACAR" wrote

>> Isn't there an "issue" with replacing all the OEM seat's electricals

> electricals can be handled;
>
>> and the
>> side air bag into the aftermarket seat?

> side air bag - that's a problem I hadn't considered...but now that
> you mention it that's why my dealer suggested I go to a seat re-
> upholsterer when I complained about seat comfort.

Yeah, all that. It ain't the 60's no more... But moving right along, it's
the size, depth, and shape of the seats I've complained about that can't be
"fixed" by an upholsterer... unfortunately. If I hadn't ever owned my 2004
Accord I probably would never have noticed how "bad" the aforementioned car
seats are to me now. Right after I plunked myself down into a RAV-4's driver
seat, I had to get out. It was all over at that point.

Old October 11th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Oct 10, 2:23 pm, "Howard Lester" > wrote:
> "ACAR" wrote
>
> >> Isn't there an "issue" with replacing all the OEM seat's electricals

> > electricals can be handled;

> >> and the
> >> side air bag into the aftermarket seat?

> > side air bag - that's a problem I hadn't considered...but now that
> > you mention it that's why my dealer suggested I go to a seat re-
> > upholsterer when I complained about seat comfort.

> Yeah, all that. It ain't the 60's no more... But moving right along, it's
> the size, depth, and shape of the seats I've complained about that can't be
> "fixed" by an upholsterer

I'm not so sure about that. My dealer assured me they can change just
about everything other than the side air bag. On the other hand, my
dealer just wanted to sell me a car...

.... unfortunately. If I hadn't ever owned my 2004
> Accord I probably would never have noticed how "bad" the aforementioned car
> seats are to me now. Right after I plunked myself down into a RAV-4's driver
> seat, I had to get out. It was all over at that point.

Those 2004 Accord seats are pretty firm. Toyota seats are usually too
soft and too short in seat cushion length IMHO. The contrast between
your Accord and RAV4 might mask real comfort issues (although I really
don't doubt your assessment of those Toyota seats). You might want to
"sit around" a few dealerships for a butt check. :-) I think Volvo
seats are highly regarded by the automotive press. I personally like
BMW's Sport seats.

FYI: I found the RAV4's driving position more awkward than I found the
seats to be uncomfortable but I'll admit to not having spent any
significant time behind the wheel.