How to adjust windshield sprinkler in accord 2004

Old October 3rd 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

Default How to adjust windshield sprinkler in accord 2004

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:44:55 -0500, "Pszemol" >
wrote:

>"ACAR" > wrote in message ups.com...
>> On Oct 2, 12:18 pm, "Pszemol" > wrote:
>>>
>>> More preciselly, spray hits the wiper arm, not the blade itself.
>>> No water hits the glass when wiper is resting parked.
>>> All water hits the wiper arm and flows down to the throf.-

>> That's wrong.
>> Nozzle needs adjustment.
>> Fluid should hit the glass about 2/3 the way up.

>Please read the beginning of this thread...
>
>I have already written any better adjustment is not possible.
>If I move nozzle up the way water barely touches the wiper arm
>than the majority of the water spray hits the upper edge of
>the windshield. The wiper arm is simply in the way and there
>seem to be nothing I can do with the nozzle to avoid hitting it.
>
>When you sit high in the driver seat you clearly see that
>the driver wiper arm sticks much higher over the edge of
>the hood than the passenger one. But the wiper is parked
>below blackened part of the windshield, so it seems to be
>in the correct position.

I have been reading this thread from the beginning, but still confused
about the problem. When I turn on the spray on our '03 Accord, the
wipers start immediately, so there is no problem of the spray hitting
the wiper blades except occassionally as they wipe.

Old October 5th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Dick" > wrote in message ...
> I have been reading this thread from the beginning, but still confused
> about the problem. When I turn on the spray on our '03 Accord, the
> wipers start immediately, so there is no problem of the spray hitting
> the wiper blades except occassionally as they wipe.

On my 2004 model there is a delay, maybe 1/2 maybe a second,
I have not measured it. This delay is enough to press the lever
for the water and depress it BEFORE wipers get activated.
So the delay, while short, is significant and the first movement
of the driver side wiper happened when the glass is stil dry.

When you continue spraying water while wipers are moving
then the glass is hit with water and there is no problem...
But when you have a lot of dust/sand on the windshield and
you start the wipers dry you can etch the glass pretty easily
with a single move of the dry wiper.