NR2003 Track and car updates

Old December 28th 04, 10:37 AM
Charles F. Castor Jr.

Default NR2003 Track and car updates

I'm getting back into sim racing and just got NR2003. The last sim I had
was Nascar 3. Where are there 2004 track updates (soft walls, Nextel,
Sunoco)? And also 2005 cars or soon to be 2005 cars? Any other info will
be grateful.

Thanks
Charlie

Old December 28th 04, 03:06 PM
Bob Gee

Try he http://www.bhmotorsports.com/
and he http://www.theuspits.com/

"Charles F. Castor Jr." > wrote in message
: I'm getting back into sim racing and just got NR2003. The last sim I had
: was Nascar 3. Where are there 2004 track updates (soft walls, Nextel,
: Sunoco)? And also 2005 cars or soon to be 2005 cars? Any other info will
: be grateful.
:
: Thanks
: Charlie
:

Old December 28th 04, 10:09 PM
Haxor Me

"Charles F. Castor Jr." > wrote in message
> I'm getting back into sim racing and just got NR2003. The last sim I had
> was Nascar 3. Where are there 2004 track updates (soft walls, Nextel,
> Sunoco)? And also 2005 cars or soon to be 2005 cars? Any other info will
> be grateful.

http://www.simracingconnection.com/n...k3tracks.shtml is a great
listing of tracks.

Nextel track updates are here - http://www.tfrdetailshop.com/index.php and
click on the "Track Updates" link on the left of the page.

Make sure you've gotten Papy's patch (v1.2.0.1) and install PWF's mods.
Both can be gotten here - http://www.theuspits.com/sims/index.html. PWF's
mods come in both lo- (512) and hi-res (1024) versions.

Install the files in the following order - Papy Patch > BGN mod > CTS mod -
then any order for the other mods. However BE WARNED! You'll want a
seperate N2K3 player for any mod that uses the same physics, such as the
Aero88 and CTS mods, because if you run the CTS and Aero88 mods with the
same player, it'll screw with your track records.

Plus - N2K3 has a physical track limit of 128, so if you have more tracks
than that, they won't show up in the track list. Best thing to do (and what
I do) is seperate the ovals from the roads and put them in their own
folders, then re-name the folders when you want to race a specific type.

I get most of my cars from these sites:

http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafxracing/
http://www.tfrdetailshop.com/index.php

There's also http://www.sbr.okellracing.com/ though there's not alot of cars
on there, so it's always last in my list.

As far as multiplayer sets go - I use this site
http://new.simracecar.com/2003/index.php . It also has over 20 league sets,
so this would be a good place to start. I have 2.78gigs of cars (zipped)
from there, so that would be a good place to start. :-)

Old December 29th 04, 02:45 PM
Braddo

Excellent post Haxor thanks for the links