Cross Country Directory Of Jeepsters

Old April 12th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Rickster the Jeepster

Default Cross Country Directory Of Jeepsters

Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
Jeep?

Old April 12th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
twaldron

Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
> Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
> Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
> Jeep?

The Directory of Free Jeep Mechanics (hardcover)
by Michael J. Chabor (Author)

Hardcover: 432 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins (May 1, 2007)
Language: English
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches

tw

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
Old April 13th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Rickster the Jeepster

On Apr 12, 5:48 pm, twaldron > wrote:
> Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
> > Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
> > Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
> > Jeep?

> The Directory of Free Jeep Mechanics (hardcover)
> by Michael J. Chabor (Author)
>
> Hardcover: 432 pages
> Publisher: HarperCollins (May 1, 2007)
> Language: English
> Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches
>
> tw
>
> --
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
> 2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
>
> "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."
>
> Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940
>
> Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
> A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
> capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
> __________________________________________________ ___________________

I am not interested in professional mechanics, but average shade tree
people willing to assist someone in need.
I almost purchased a vintage MGB & stumbled on a website called
theautoist.com, where you apply for citizenship & are added to a
national registry, of enthustiasts across the country willing to lend
a hand. The same things could be established for Jeepsters if there
were enough interest.

Old April 13th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

"Rickster the Jeepster" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 12, 5:48 pm, twaldron > wrote:
> > Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
> > > Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
> > > Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
> > > Jeep?

> > The Directory of Free Jeep Mechanics (hardcover)
> > by Michael J. Chabor (Author)
> >
> > Hardcover: 432 pages
> > Publisher: HarperCollins (May 1, 2007)
> > Language: English
> > Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches
> >
> > tw
> >
> > --
> > __________________________________________________ ___________________
> > 2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
> >
> > "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."
> >
> > Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940
> >
> > Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
> > A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
> > capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
> > __________________________________________________ ___________________

> I am not interested in professional mechanics, but average shade tree
> people willing to assist someone in need.
> I almost purchased a vintage MGB & stumbled on a website called
> theautoist.com, where you apply for citizenship & are added to a
> national registry, of enthustiasts across the country willing to lend
> a hand. The same things could be established for Jeepsters if there
> were enough interest.

It's a good idea in principle, but Jeeps are really common in the U.S. You
can look in the Yellow Pages most anywhere and find someone able to fix one,
or at least try.

Earle

Old April 13th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

TW's book said "free", of course we usually get what we pay for.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Billzz

"Rickster the Jeepster" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 12, 5:48 pm, twaldron > wrote:
>> Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
>> > Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
>> > Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
>> > Jeep?

>> The Directory of Free Jeep Mechanics (hardcover)
>> by Michael J. Chabor (Author)
>>
>> Hardcover: 432 pages
>> Publisher: HarperCollins (May 1, 2007)
>> Language: English
>> Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.1 x 1.3 inches
>>
>> tw
>>
>> --
>> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>> 2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
>>
>> "There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."
>>
>> Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940
>>
>> Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
>> A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
>> capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
>> __________________________________________________ ___________________

> I am not interested in professional mechanics, but average shade tree
> people willing to assist someone in need.
> I almost purchased a vintage MGB & stumbled on a website called
> theautoist.com, where you apply for citizenship & are added to a
> national registry, of enthustiasts across the country willing to lend
> a hand. The same things could be established for Jeepsters if there
> were enough interest.

"The Directory of Free Jeep Mechanics" You want better than *free*?

Old April 13th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

The guys who charge for it in Silverton would do a lot better job than I
could. Of course, they can't work on AC and I can...as long as I don't
accept compensation for it. If you're willing to let me put gauges on your
vehicle, I guess you deserve what you've got coming.

Earle

.. .

Old April 13th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

I think you have the terms "Jeep owner" and "Jeepster" mixed up. A
"Jeepster" is a type of vehicle, like a "Bronco", only better.
The "Jeepster Commando Club" and the "American Jeepster Club" have
membership directories.
--
Stupendous Man,

Old April 13th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Rickster the Jeepster wrote:
> Is there any sort of cross country available list, by city & state of
> Jeep enthusiasts available to assist someone have problems with their
> Jeep?

If you actually have a 'Jeepster', which is an unusual model of Jeep
there are lists of Jeepster owners out on the net, just Google it.

If you have a Jeep, then local 4x4 clubs usually have lists of folks
willing to help out.

Kate I think started a map thing that ID's where a bunch of folks from
this newsgroup live.

http://www.frappr.com/ramjw/photo/154784

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Old April 13th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
twaldron

-

> I am not interested in professional mechanics, but average shade tree
> people willing to assist someone in need.
> I almost purchased a vintage MGB & stumbled on a website called
> theautoist.com, where you apply for citizenship & are added to a
> national registry, of enthustiasts across the country willing to lend
> a hand. The same things could be established for Jeepsters if there
> were enough interest.

Rickster,

Seriously, try your local Jeep club. The one here has "WATs"
(wrench-a-thons) where you congregate at someone's house and get after
it. Usually beer and pizza bring the most results if you want to host
and work on your own Jeep.