Automatic sunroof

Old March 23rd 07, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

Default Automatic sunroof

Oh dear my beloved 97 A4 Sedan has developed the automatic opening
sunroof.........twice this week. Very strange to be motoring along and then
vvvrrrrrrr followed by a rush of cold air.

I have read reports about this and thought 'na, that will never happen the
mine'

Is it a switch problem or one of those 'unknown' intermittent faults that we
must live with save tearing the whole car apart.

regs
dj

Old March 23rd 07, 09:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Carsten Hjorth

"Lez Pawl" > skrev i en meddelelse
> Oh dear my beloved 97 A4 Sedan has developed the automatic opening
> sunroof.........twice this week. Very strange to be motoring along and
> then vvvrrrrrrr followed by a rush of cold air.
>
> I have read reports about this and thought 'na, that will never happen the
> mine'
>
> Is it a switch problem or one of those 'unknown' intermittent faults that
> we must live with save tearing the whole car apart.
>
> regs
> dj

Clean contacts and bend them closer together, worked for me for 2 years now.

/Carsten

Old March 23rd 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

"Carsten Hjorth" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Lez Pawl" > skrev i en meddelelse
>> Oh dear my beloved 97 A4 Sedan has developed the automatic opening
>> sunroof.........twice this week. Very strange to be motoring along and
>> then vvvrrrrrrr followed by a rush of cold air.
>>
>> I have read reports about this and thought 'na, that will never happen
>> the mine'
>>
>> Is it a switch problem or one of those 'unknown' intermittent faults that
>> we must live with save tearing the whole car apart.
>>
>> regs
>> dj
>>

> Clean contacts and bend them closer together, worked for me for 2 years
> now.
>
> /Carsten

thanks and can you please advise access to the contacts.

Old March 23rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:
> "Carsten Hjorth" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>

> > "Lez Pawl" > skrev i en meddelelse
> >> Oh dear my beloved 97 A4 Sedan has developed the automatic opening
> >> sunroof.........twice this week. Very strange to be motoring along and
> >> then vvvrrrrrrr followed by a rush of cold air.

> >> I have read reports about this and thought 'na, that will never happen
> >> the mine'

> >> Is it a switch problem or one of those 'unknown' intermittent faults that
> >> we must live with save tearing the whole car apart.

> >> regs
> >> dj

> > Clean contacts and bend them closer together, worked for me for 2 years
> > now.

> > /Carsten

> thanks and can you please advise access to the contacts.

First, remove the bumper....

E.P.

Old March 23rd 07, 07:24 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:
>
>>"Carsten Hjorth" > wrote in message

t...

>>>Clean contacts and bend them closer together, worked for me for 2 years
>>>now.

>>>/Carsten

>>thanks and can you please advise access to the contacts.

> First, remove the bumper....
>
> E.P.

Funny guy :-)

Here is a DIY thread on the sun roof fix from AudiWorld:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/981283.phtml
Old March 23rd 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

thanks Tony

"TonyJ" > wrote in message

> Ed Pirrero wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:

et...

Old March 23rd 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

**** off prat

oups.com...

Old March 23rd 07, 10:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

On Mar 23, 1:01 pm, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:
> **** off prat

http://www.rotsmud.org/usr/upload/mi.../421/ethug.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=e-thug

Big words from a top-posting e-thug.

E.P.

Old March 23rd 07, 10:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

On Mar 23, 12:24 pm, TonyJ > wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:

> >>"Carsten Hjorth" > wrote in message

> t...

> >>thanks and can you please advise access to the contacts.

> > First, remove the bumper....

> > E.P.

> Funny guy :-)

Anyone who's done any engine work on B5 2.8 or 2.7TT is laughing. In
a crying sort of way.

E.P.

Old March 24th 07, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

"TonyJ" > wrote in message

> Ed Pirrero wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 7:21 am, "Lez Pawl" > wrote:
>>
>>>"Carsten Hjorth" > wrote in message

et...

>>>thanks and can you please advise access to the contacts.

>> First, remove the bumper....
>>
>> E.P.
>>

> Funny guy :-)
>
> Here is a DIY thread on the sun roof fix from AudiWorld:
> http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/981283.phtml

Tony

I have to ask, how and why would rain or (snow, my case) affect this spring
contact which appears well protected and after all inside the vehicle.