Don't buy a honda after year 2k?

Old November 26th 04, 03:11 AM
Sam Steele

Default Don't buy a honda after year 2k?

Mechanics I talk to say not to get a Honda after model year 2000. That
Honda really cheapened their cars and did away with a lot of the things that
made them uniquely Honda and different in a better way.

Old November 26th 04, 04:10 AM
Joel Blutfield

What?? My wife and I have an '02 CRV and 03 Civic. Have 0ver 30,000 on the
CRV an about 22,000 on the Civic. Not a single problem on either!

Old November 26th 04, 04:10 AM
Joel Blutfield

Old November 26th 04, 10:41 AM
SoCalMike

Sam Steele wrote:

> Mechanics I talk to say not to get a Honda after model year 2000. That
> Honda really cheapened their cars and did away with a lot of the things that
> made them uniquely Honda and different in a better way.

i just dont care for the styling or suspension, myself. im keeping my
98. i do like the older, 88-91 civics. low cowl, nice styling.
Old November 26th 04, 10:41 AM
SoCalMike

Old November 26th 04, 01:24 PM
Paul Cardoza

What???? I have a 2003 V6 Accord and a 2003 S2000. Between them
these are 70,000 trouble free miles. No problems, no squeaks and
rattles. I'd recommend either to anybody.

Old November 26th 04, 01:24 PM
Paul Cardoza

Old November 26th 04, 03:55 PM
kyle lallave

by chance were they mechanics from another company?!?! if sdo they just want
u to buy their cars. me whole family has hondas my sis, dad,and mom have
2000+ accords and civic...all have not 1 single problem with it..the
mechanic u talked to is a ****in dumbass

Old November 26th 04, 03:55 PM
kyle lallave

Old November 26th 04, 04:59 PM
jim beam

SoCalMike wrote:
> Sam Steele wrote:
>
>> Mechanics I talk to say not to get a Honda after model year 2000.
>> That Honda really cheapened their cars and did away with a lot of the
>> things that made them uniquely Honda and different in a better way.
>>

> i just dont care for the styling or suspension, myself. im keeping my
> 98. i do like the older, 88-91 civics. low cowl, nice styling.

i love that vintage civic too. based on what i've seen, including the
abandonment of wishbone suspension, there's no way i'd buy a post 2000
honda. yes, i know the accords still use wishbones, but when the next
gen accord abondons them too, we'll know for sure that honda is now run
by bean counters, not car enthusiasts like it used to be.