Inflated your tires lately? a petition

Old August 26th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default Inflated your tires lately? a petition

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> I admit I have an agenda against Limbaugh, but it's because he lies, not
> because he often has opinions that run counter to mine. As far as oil
> drilling, it should probably be up to the people of Florida to decide, but
> based on credible information and not hysteria that Cuba, using a Chinese
> surrogate, is stealing the oil out from under them.
>
> Back in the 1980's I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time but his
> anti-everything rhetoric, half truths, hypocrisies and outright lies
> became tiresome. I think he is a very smart man, but has prostituted
> himself for ratings by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

i was wondering if you actually realized how intelligent the man is.... he
has managed to keep himself, and his show, in the political conversations
for years.... his ratings are high because those that like him tune in, and
those that hate him tune in to have something to rant about... ratings keep
him on the air, not his opinions...

Old August 26th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message

> Who is not respecting someone's right to an opinion here?

you...

seems if you feel someone's "opinion" is wrong, or based on something you
don't believe, then you will feverishly try to change their mind by showing
them the truth as you believe it(opinion).... opinions are beliefs, not
always based on truth nor even reality.... it is what it is...

Old September 8th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
>
>> Who is not respecting someone's right to an opinion here?

> you...

No, I never said, nor will I ever say, that somebody doesn't have a
right to an opinion. But I don't have to agree with it, and I will
certainly point out when they have their facts wrong.

> seems if you feel someone's "opinion" is wrong, or based on something you
> don't believe, then you will feverishly try to change their mind by showing
> them the truth as you believe it(opinion).... opinions are beliefs, not
> always based on truth nor even reality.... it is what it is...

If somebody has their facts wrong, and bases their opinion on those
(untrue) facts, their opinion is wrong.
Old September 8th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> > I admit I have an agenda against Limbaugh, but it's because he lies, not
>> because he often has opinions that run counter to mine. As far as oil
>> drilling, it should probably be up to the people of Florida to decide, but
>> based on credible information and not hysteria that Cuba, using a Chinese
>> surrogate, is stealing the oil out from under them.
>>
>> Back in the 1980's I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time but his
>> anti-everything rhetoric, half truths, hypocrisies and outright lies
>> became tiresome. I think he is a very smart man, but has prostituted
>> himself for ratings by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

> i was wondering if you actually realized how intelligent the man is.... he
> has managed to keep himself, and his show, in the political conversations
> for years.... his ratings are high because those that like him tune in, and
> those that hate him tune in to have something to rant about... ratings keep
> him on the air, not his opinions...

I don't really listen to him any more, but when something he says makes
the news (outside his show) I will often research the issue.
Unfortunately, his opinions, whether based on fact or made up
information has a legion of fans believing everything he says. It's not
his opinions that have me concerned, it's his misrepresentation of facts
and his hypocrisies which are of concern.
Old September 8th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Who is not respecting someone's right to an opinion here?

>> you...
>>

> No, I never said, nor will I ever say, that somebody doesn't have a right
> to an opinion. But I don't have to agree with it, and I will certainly
> point out when they have their facts wrong.
>>

>> seems if you feel someone's "opinion" is wrong, or based on something you
>> don't believe, then you will feverishly try to change their mind by
>> showing them the truth as you believe it(opinion).... opinions are
>> beliefs, not always based on truth nor even reality.... it is what it
>> is...

> If somebody has their facts wrong, and bases their opinion on those
> (untrue) facts, their opinion is wrong.

facts are one thing, opinions are another.... and most opinions are not
based on facts, they are based on emotion, beliefs(real or imagined), or
preference.... It's a moot point, but I stated my opinion(above) and you
don't have to agree, nor like it... that's just how it is...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

Old September 8th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

On Sep 8, 10:14*am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in ...
>

> > Joey Tribiani wrote:

> >> you...

> > No, I never said, nor will I ever say, that somebody doesn't have a right
> > to an opinion. But I don't have to agree with it, and I will certainly
> > point out when they have their facts wrong.

> >> seems if you feel someone's "opinion" is wrong, or based on something you
> >> don't believe, then you will feverishly try to change their mind by
> >> showing them the truth as you believe it(opinion).... opinions are
> >> beliefs, not always based on truth nor even reality.... it is what it
> >> is...

> > If somebody has their facts wrong, and bases their opinion on those
> > (untrue) facts, their opinion is wrong.

> facts are one thing, opinions are another.... and most opinions are not
> based on facts, they are based on emotion, beliefs(real or imagined), or
> preference.... It's a moot point, but I stated my opinion(above) and you
> don't have to agree, nor like it... that's just how it is...
>
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

Be careful, now. Remember that "the gloves are off." phhhhht!!!
What kinda dip**** still uses language like that? hahaha! I'm
guessing ol' turd got beat up a lot in school. Or maybe not. Maybe
he "took the gloves off" and scared everyone away. HO flippin' HO
flippin' HO! Nutty, I tells ya.

Old September 11th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Shag wrote:
> On Sep 8, 10:14 am, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

>>> No, I never said, nor will I ever say, that somebody doesn't have a right
>>> to an opinion. But I don't have to agree with it, and I will certainly
>>> point out when they have their facts wrong.
>>> If somebody has their facts wrong, and bases their opinion on those
>>> (untrue) facts, their opinion is wrong.

>> facts are one thing, opinions are another.... and most opinions are not
>> based on facts, they are based on emotion, beliefs(real or imagined), or
>> preference.... It's a moot point, but I stated my opinion(above) and you
>> don't have to agree, nor like it... that's just how it is...
>>
>> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

> Be careful, now. Remember that "the gloves are off." phhhhht!!!
> What kinda dip**** still uses language like that? hahaha! I'm
> guessing ol' turd got beat up a lot in school. Or maybe not. Maybe
> he "took the gloves off" and scared everyone away. HO flippin' HO
> flippin' HO! Nutty, I tells ya.

Hey stupid, "the gloves are off" is a very common expression in everyday
use look it up if you can.
Old September 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
news

> Hey stupid, "the gloves are off" is a very common expression in everyday
> use look it up if you can.

not that I care to get into you two guys little spat, but having met Shag
and hung out with him, it's easy to tell that he's definitely not
"stupid"... thinks things are funny that you don't? maybe...

Old September 12th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> news >
>> Hey stupid, "the gloves are off" is a very common expression in everyday
>> use look it up if you can.

> not that I care to get into you two guys little spat, but having met Shag
> and hung out with him, it's easy to tell that he's definitely not
> "stupid"... thinks things are funny that you don't? maybe...

Perhaps, maybe he should get out more, learn a few things, so he doesn't
make himself *look* stupid.

UK petition demanding to end the use of speed cameras. Brent P[_1_] Driving 15 February 12th 07 02:00 AM
Petition to save the Monza track Pierre Samanni Alfa Romeo 0 March 21st 06 10:36 PM
Holley Hp CFM flows inflated [email protected] Ford Mustang 11 October 24th 05 06:26 PM
Storm Petition FrankW Jeep 3 September 23rd 05 05:45 AM
Should all 4 tires be inflated to the same pressure ? Juan General 7 March 15th 04 03:09 PM