2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study: Porsche, Honda, Chevroletamong big winners

Old June 19th 08, 05:42 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm

Default 2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study: Porsche, Honda, Chevroletamong big winners

Consumer Reports isn't the authoritative survey, but because it's on
the magazine shelf it has a lot of clout with the typical consumer. If
you know a more authoritative source than JD Powers let me know.

Old June 19th 08, 02:35 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Elle[_2_]

> wrote
>Consumer Reports isn't the authoritative survey,

"Authoritative survey" is an oxymoron.

Surveys merely suggest, some with more statistical
reliability than others.

Old June 20th 08, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Gordon McGrew[_1_]

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:52:20 +0100, "Tooommy" >
wrote:

>used to believe in JD Power but porsche?
>
>puuurleeese - new short engine at each service?

The JDP Initial quality survey is a mixed bag of bull**** data. "Too
much wind noise and the engine blew up" would count as two defects.

Old July 1st 08, 10:04 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
who

In article >, "Shep" >
wrote:

> Consider most Porsche owners are somewhat fanatical about ownership of these
> cars and hesitate to complain about mundane issues like the rest of us
> might.

That's true of most high end vehicle buyers.
Why admit you made a mistake, when you can easily afford the maintenance.

Several years ago Mercedes owners had enough of their problems and many
went public.

All hale teh krlrgrz, for he hace much Gratness!!1!! (was WINNERS! Usenet Kook Awards, January 2008 Archie Leach[_13_] Driving 22 February 12th 08 03:32 PM
Honda CRV quality? Herpster1966 Honda 16 February 20th 06 06:58 PM
honda quality parts advice Rob B Honda 33 January 25th 06 04:36 PM
2005 Grand Caravan Initial Poor Quality - Body Control Electronics Module Failure michaelcjeep Chrysler 6 August 18th 05 09:36 PM