31 inch tires

Old April 17th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
j[_4_]

Default 31 inch tires

lookng for recommendations for a 31" tire for my Wrangler. Any
thought on the maxxis big Horn? it is 65 on road and 35 off road

thanks

Old April 17th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

I don't know if B F Goodrich sponsors the Score Baja 1000, but one
hundred percent of those driver use them. And I have been for the last
twenty years with great luck, and I can hear my stereo again. Maybe there's
something on you Horns at:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old April 18th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L. Ron Waddle

j wrote:
> lookng for recommendations for a 31" tire for my Wrangler. Any
> thought on the maxxis big Horn? it is 65 on road and 35 off road

Maxxis is a brand name for Cheng Shin (traditionally known as "Cheng
****s", thus their need for a new brand name for their "premium" tires).
Maxxis tires generally have good traction but wear quickly. That said,
it probably wears no more quickly than any other aggressive knobby.
Old April 18th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Are those tires made in Red China?

m...

Old April 19th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Apr 18, 4:58 pm, "billy ray" > wrote:
> Are those tires made in Red China?
>
> "L. Ron Waddle" > wrote in news.com...
>

> >j wrote:
> >> lookng for recommendations for a 31" tire for my Wrangler. Any
> >> thought on the maxxis big Horn? it is 65 on road and 35 off road

> > Maxxis is a brand name for Cheng Shin (traditionally known as "Cheng
> > ****s", thus their need for a new brand name for their "premium" tires).
> > Maxxis tires generally have good traction but wear quickly. That said,
> > it probably wears no more quickly than any other aggressive knobby.- Hide quoted text -

Go with Cooper Discoverer STT tires. They work great.

Old April 20th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L. Ron Waddle

billy ray wrote:
> Are those tires made in Red China?

Cheng Shin is a Taiwanese company. They have been selling tires here in
the United States for many years, though they are most famous for cheap
(and very slippery when wet) motorcycle tires here in the United States.
I had Cheng Shin tires on my motorcycle back in the 1970's and cursed
them every time it rained.

They do have a factory on the mainland now, but I do not know if they
make any auto tires there. I believe they only make their low-end
motorcycle and bicycle tires there, but it's hard to tell until you
actually read the label on the side.

Old April 20th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L. Ron Waddle

nrs wrote:
> On Apr 18, 4:58 pm, "billy ray" > wrote:
>> Are those tires made in Red China?

> Go with Cooper Discoverer STT tires. They work great.

Many Cooper tires are now made in China. Cooper has a piece of three
different tire companies in China.

Some Bridgestone, Goodyear, Toyo, Michelin, etc. tires are also made in
China. China now has 70 modern tire factories, of which 40 are owned and
operated by "foreign" tire companies such as Yokohoma or Han Kook.
That's a lot of tires that used to be made in Japan or the U.S. or Korea
or Taiwan now being made in China...

Old April 20th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Damn, now I remember that name!

Those tires should be made illegal because they cannot take any water at
all!

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 20th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"L. Ron Waddle" > wrote in message
> nrs wrote:
>>> Are those tires made in Red China?

> Many Cooper tires are now made in China. Cooper has a piece of three
> different tire companies in China.

Actually, it's two, Cooper Chengshan, and Cooper Shandong, and they are
distributors, not manufacturers, acquired in Feb, 2006.

Cooper tires are manufactured in the USA in several plants, and there is one
manufacturing plant in Melksham, England, where they manufacture tyres sold
in Europe.

There are other distributors in China, in: Baotou, Changchun, Guiyang,
Kunming, Lanzhou, Liuzhou, and Nanchang.
In Shanghai they are in Wuhan, Wulu Muqi, Xiamen, and Zahang Jiagang , and
in other places around the world, but they are not "made" in China.

They are also sold as: Avon, Mastercraft, Dean, Starfire, Kenda, and Oliver.

Cooper is truly one of the last "Made in America" Brands.

I used to sell them, in 13 stores in my old region.

Spdloader

Old April 21st 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Deniz

On 17 Nisan, 17:49, j > wrote:
> lookng for recommendations for a 31" tire for my Wrangler. Any
> thought on the maxxis big Horn? it is 65 on road and 35 off road
>
> thanks

Hi there,
I have been using 31*10,5 R15 maxxis MT 754 Buckshot mudder for the
last 5 years and it has no grip at all when it rains on the highway. I
would recommend them for offroading because they are dirt cheap so you
don't at all worry about ripping bits off. My friends are using
Goodyear wranglers, bridgestones etc and i never got stuck because i
had cheap tires, they get stuck because they have rubbish land rovers
ha ha ha. I drive the jeep mostly off the road so the rain on the
highway is not a big deal for me. But if you will be driving yours all
the time don't go for maxxis. When you hit the brakes you just don't
know when and where you are gonna end up. Goodyear wranglers have
excellent performance on wet tarmac though.

Deniz Hasirci
www.izdoff.org.tr
www.crescenthotel.org

Rear Locker selection needed with 33 or 35 inch tires pbarton Jeep 8 March 31st 06 07:44 AM
16-inch wheels MLS Jeep 6 June 30th 05 01:09 AM
Tires size for 18 inch rims! mustangGT_00 Ford Mustang 17 April 9th 05 10:51 AM
Is a 2" inch drop too much BeverlyOmasta Ford Mustang 3 February 1st 05 12:27 AM
good gear ratio for 40 inch tires Nathan Randell 4x4 4 April 6th 04 12:55 PM