Common Problem I just want help to confirm

Old April 12th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nick.DC2

Default Common Problem I just want help to confirm

Hello all,
Today i was going to drive my jeep like every other day, I tried
starting it and it just kept turnning over. The day before it was
fine. But that day i did notice it took just a little longer to start
then normal. Drove it around parked it and today it will not start at
all.
I want to double check does this symptom sound like a CPS? Its one of
the most common failures listed for it to not start and the previous
owner gave me a new one that he had not put in because he said the
plug was undone.
But the bad part about this is that i am selling this vechile soon and
i need to drive it there to show them and help would be appericated

Thank You for your time.

Old April 12th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

If it is the Crankshaft Position Sensor, simply unplugging it and making
that connection again revitalizes it for a couple more times:
http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=257990
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

ups.com...

Old April 12th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Nick.DC2

Thanks for your help bill i will be sure to try that when i get home.
I must have looked if the wrong area i was underneath were the exhaust
manifold come out. The plug is accessible from the the top of the
motor correct?

Old April 12th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Yours may be on the driver's side depending on what you have:
http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Fixes...tml#CPSdetails
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old April 12th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

While I have heard they are sometimes on the passenger side the ones I have
seen were to be found on the drive's side.

We were able to reach the bolts with a quarter inch socket set and a LONG
extension from underneath. We may also have used swivels but don't recall.

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...tion%20Sensor/

oups.com...

Old April 12th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Nice work. Bookmarked, Thanks.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 13th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

You want the originals?

Old April 13th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Your page is sufficient. Thanks.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/