Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

Old April 11th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Radiator/Coolant flush/replacement

How many years/miles should this be done? My 2002 wrangler has 68,000
miles on it. Not sure if previous owner did it - he did follow the
service milestones to the T however.

Old April 11th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

Make sure to get the right stuff, and replace all the hoses at the same
time. If you do that you should get another 68,000 out of it. People will
tell you stuff like 2 years, 30,000 miles, but that is way overkill in my
opinion and a waste of natural resources besides.

Earle

oups.com...

Old April 11th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

2 years for Green, 4 years for G-05

Zerex brand only

news

Old April 11th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

So you'd rather replace the coolant with the radiator, pump, plugs, head
gasket? ;-)
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 12th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

I've had Green in cars for ten years or more, if it's the same formulation.
Maybe these new engines made of pot metal are different, but I don't think
so as long as you use the right coolant or mix and distilled water. I think
this answers Bill's question too.

Earle

Old April 12th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Except I stick with the two years, and get eight years out of the
radiator (corrodes from the outside in, via sea air) and water pump. No core
plugs in fifty years, thirty years, twenty eight years. With the green
stuff, that I'm sure the formula has changed many times, you will see you
have to dig the block drains plugs open each time. And out comes a black
stuff that's got to be an acid, as it eats the plug a clean silver.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

. ..

Old April 12th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

There's no paint you can use? A radiator lasts forever in Colorado.

Earle

.. .

Old April 12th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

I got my ear pinned back once when I was caught spray painting a
radiator. I was explained to me that paint, even a thin layer held the heat
in. And in the old days my Fords ran on the razors' edge, anyway.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 12th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

The new green claims 5 years, I wouldn't trust it past 4 years but maybe
that is just me.

The new engines are full of new metals though, perhaps that is the problem.

Old April 12th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_16_]

"billy ray" > wrote in message
> The new green claims 5 years, I wouldn't trust it past 4 years but maybe
> that is just me.
>
> The new engines are full of new metals though, perhaps that is the

problem.

There are more than one, incompatible formulas now, and the price of coolant
has gone through the roof too. That doesn't help much. If your car boils
over in the Arizona desert, because of neglected hoses, there's just no
telling what the nearest repair shoppe is going to have in stock.

I'm using the G-05 now. I like the cool clear color. I put Honda Genuine
Coolant (blue) in the Hondas, and Walmart diabetic monkey **** in the
Suburban.

Earle

> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > I've had Green in cars for ten years or more, if it's the same
> > formulation.
> > Maybe these new engines made of pot metal are different, but I don't

think
> > so as long as you use the right coolant or mix and distilled water. I
> > think
> > this answers Bill's question too.
> >
> > Earle
> >
> > "billy ray" > wrote in message
> >> 2 years for Green, 4 years for G-05
> >>
> >> Zerex brand only
> >>

> >> "Earle Horton" > wrote in message
> >> news > >> > Make sure to get the right stuff, and replace all the hoses at the

same

People

in
> > my

68,000

Radiator flush Michael[_5_] Technology 16 January 26th 07 02:23 PM
Radiator flush [email protected] Technology 2 July 27th 06 01:14 PM
Flush the Radiator Coolant? Brian Foster Jeep 23 February 4th 06 06:47 PM
Flush Radiator Brian Mazda 15 November 15th 05 04:57 PM
Radiator Flush?? Curley Dodge 10 April 27th 04 05:21 PM