They want to turn my rotors

Old December 26th 05, 11:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default They want to turn my rotors

Sparky Spartacus > wrote in
:

> Milleron wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks for that good advice. I'll just ask the dealer for whatever
>> came on the car, then.

> No reason to buy from the dealer unless you want to, you can probably
> save some $$$ by buying the OEM pads on the 'Net from someone like San
> Leandro Honda, CheapHondaParts, HandA, etc. (people have noted good
> sites from time to time)

Whole pile of them here.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/online-parts.html

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old December 26th 05, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Sparky Spartacus > wrote in
:

> Eye Indo wrote:
>
>> Do not know if this is of any value, but does not some re-surfacing
>> remove the glaze on the pads ?

> How would resurfacing (rotors) have anything to do with glaze on the
> pads?
>
> Why would new pads have a glaze in the first place?

The newer pads are more prone to glazing than the compounds used earlier.

> IIRC that's
> something you avoid by breaking in the new pads properly.

Pad break-in:
http://www.kitcarbooks.com/brakepads.html

Old December 28th 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> Sparky Spartacus > wrote in
> :
>

>>Eye Indo wrote:
>>

>>>Do not know if this is of any value, but does not some re-surfacing
>>>remove the glaze on the pads ?

>>How would resurfacing (rotors) have anything to do with glaze on the
>>pads?
>>
>>Why would new pads have a glaze in the first place?

> The newer pads are more prone to glazing than the compounds used earlier.

Okay, but the pads don't come out of the box already glazed. That
happens after installation.

bad turn signal [email protected] Technology 1 October 3rd 05 03:54 PM
Brakes squeal!!!! Dan Chrysler 35 June 7th 05 12:59 AM
91 LX (5.0), Turn Signals Not Working sariwa1 Ford Mustang 3 December 17th 04 03:52 AM