Wiper Refills for a 2001 Cruiser on a 2004 Jeep Liberty?

Old February 23rd 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer[_2_]

Default Wiper Refills for a 2001 Cruiser on a 2004 Jeep Liberty?

I bought a pair for my 2001 PT Cruiser. Then I found out it needed a
water pump (may as well replace the timing chain while it's torn
apart), motor mounts, and two tires. I got rid of this money pit and I
still have my wiper refills. My daughter has a 2004 Jeep Liberty that
calls for 19" blades. The ones I have are 20". Can she use them
Old March 12th 11, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Spumolio

On Feb 23, 1:38*pm, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> I bought a pair for my 2001 PT Cruiser. Then I found out it needed a
> water pump (may as well replace the timing chain while it's torn
> apart), motor mounts, and two tires. I got rid of this money pit and I
> still have my wiper refills. My daughter has a 2004 Jeep Liberty that
> calls for 19" blades. The ones I have are 20". Can she use them

You won't know until you try. The PT takes a 20" and a 21" so it may
not work. BTW, those are the vehicles I have too. Hmmm.

It's too bad you dumped your PT just because of the timing belt. I
bought the Gates kit (timing belt, idler, tensioner, water pump) for
$250 and spent an afternoon changing it. The pencil strut and dog bone
(they're not mounts) can be fixed with a $14 tube of windshield
urethane and you're good to go. I understand you're frustration
thought. The first 3 years of the PT are absolute garbage. My wife had
an 05 and it was a completely different animal but my 01 is a really
costly POS.
Old March 12th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:34:46 -0800, Joe Spumolio wrote:

> It's too bad you dumped your PT just because of the timing belt. I
> bought the Gates kit (timing belt, idler, tensioner, water pump) for
> $250 and spent an afternoon changing it. The pencil strut and dog bone
> (they're not mounts) can be fixed with a $14 tube of windshield urethane
> and you're good to go. I understand you're frustration thought. The
> first 3 years of the PT are absolute garbage. My wife had an 05 and it
> was a completely different animal but my 01 is a really costly POS.

I had a plain, black 2003 that was perfect, never gave any problems. My
wife had a 2005 convertible, same good car. We only gave them up
for an Avenger because of the poor gas mileage(17-21mpg). The Avenger
gets 29-30mpg around town and 34 on the road.