Fuel Injector Cleaner - Beneficial @ 122K?

Old February 9th 11, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jaygreg

Default Fuel Injector Cleaner - Beneficial @ 122K?

I've got a well-maintained 2000 Concorde LXi with 122200 miles logged. I've had a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more short trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering adding injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-vocation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particles, or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.

Comments welcome. I'm still inclined to try a few bottles.
Old February 10th 11, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
bllsht[_2_]

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:54:34 -0800 (PST), jaygreg
> wrote:

>I've got a well-maintained 2000 Concorde LXi with 122200 miles logged. I've had a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more short trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering adding injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-vocation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particles, or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.
>
>Comments welcome. I'm still inclined to try a few bottles.

First, more short trips and fewer long trips would account for the
drop in mpg. Second, your auto-vocation teacher is full of ****.

Old February 13th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ulas c coskun

On Feb 10, 1:16*am, bllsht > wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:54:34 -0800 (PST), jaygreg
>
> > wrote:
> >I've got a well-maintained 2000 Concorde LXi with 122200 miles logged. I've had a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more short trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering adding injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-vocation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particles, or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.

> >Comments welcome. I'm still inclined to try a few bottles.

> First, more short trips and fewer long trips would account for the
> drop in mpg. Second, your auto-vocation teacher is full of ****.

I think in the long run, it will be beneficial to use injector
cleaners. donot expect to see a result overnight but in long run, you
will see it.