"Inhumane" motorists drove OVER and around hit-and-run victim as he lay dying in the street

Old April 18th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default "Inhumane" motorists drove OVER and around hit-and-run victim as he lay dying in the street

http://tinyurl.com/6bthna

Inhumane' motorists drove OVER and around hit-and-run victim as he lay
dying in the street
By JAMES TOZER - Last updated at 08:39am on 17th April 2008

Motorists who left a cyclist to die in the road after he was knocked over
by a stolen car were described as inhuman yesterday.

Instead of stopping, they simply swerved around him, and detectives believe
that one may even have driven over the badly injured Stephen Wills,
breaking both his legs.

By the time a passer-by finally raised the alarm, Mr Wills, 55, who had
been riding home from a dinner, was already dead.

The self-employed plasterer was cycling down a dual carriageway in
Manchester at about 3.30am last Saturday when he was knocked over by a
stolen VW Golf. The car was later found burnt-out nearby.

Witnesses said that instead of stopping to help Mr Wills as crucial minutes
ticked by, other motorists steered around his body, and police believe one
actually drove over him.

"It's a pretty sad state set of affairs when people refuse to stop to help
a fellow human who is clearly in dire need of help," said a police source.

(snip)

------------------------------------

It appears the Brits are now like americans and regard highway murder as
acceptable.
Old April 18th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
MLOM

On Apr 17, 8:33*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/6bthna
>
> Inhumane' motorists drove OVER and around hit-and-run victim as he lay
> dying in the street
> By JAMES TOZER - Last updated at 08:39am on 17th April 2008
>
> Motorists who left a cyclist to die in the road after he was knocked over
> by a stolen car were described as inhuman yesterday.
>
> Instead of stopping, they simply swerved around him, and detectives believe
> that one may even have driven over the badly injured Stephen Wills,
> breaking both his legs.
>
> By the time a passer-by finally raised the alarm, Mr Wills, 55, who had
> been riding home from a dinner, was already dead.
>
> The self-employed plasterer was cycling down a dual carriageway in
> Manchester at about 3.30am last Saturday when he was knocked over by a
> stolen VW Golf. The car was later found burnt-out nearby.
>
> Witnesses said that instead of stopping to help Mr Wills as crucial minutes
> ticked by, other motorists steered around his body, and police believe one
> actually drove over him.
>
> "It's a pretty sad state set of affairs when people refuse to stop to help
> a fellow human who is clearly in dire need of help," said a police source.
>
> (snip)

> It appears the Brits are now like americans and regard highway murder as
> acceptable.

I doubt that the Brits have gotten as bad as americans (sic). Hell,
here people would see a rape, robbery or murder in progress and just
stand there and stare cluelessly. Some would even record video and
attempt to post it to Youtube or a similar site (so far Youtube
blocks that crap).