Time to ban "brights feature" on headlights?

Old November 20th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Time to ban "brights feature" on headlights?

Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
crashes.
Old November 20th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Paul Anderson

In article > ,
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:

> Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
> them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
> night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
> crashes.

I drive on many unlit local roads and need the high-beams to see the
road ahead and am not a deadly criminal speeder.

But those who don't turn off the high-beams when they approach a car (in
either direction) are rude. The ones approaching you can be alerted by
flashing your lights, but the ones in back of you are more difficult
since they blind you for a longer period of time and there's no obvious
way to tell them to lower their lights.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old November 20th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

SFB spewed:

<< ECP removed >>

> Nobody but the deadly criminal spe <PAF!>

Another stupid idea from a typical product of the american (sic)
educational system. Go back to your double wide, your budweiser, your
inbred children and your Dr. Phil and let the adults carry on with
rational discussion.

Here's a better idea: lets mandate a keg cooler in each car. Lord knows
that warm beer doesn't taste as good. Right, Hector?

--
"Well - that's what our highway terrorists, the speeders and drunk
drivers and red light runners and other criminal drivers do. Over 3000

--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 1/29/07
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2rfqhp
Message ID: 01>

"Another 43,000 americans were killed on our highways=3F"

--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are DEADLY PSHCHOPATHS, 1/20/07
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2utsnx
Message ID: .com>

(And we know they are both YOU, so don't even try to deny it!)
Old November 20th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving, misc.transport.road, alt.law-enforcement.traffic
N8N

On Nov 20, 3:26 pm, Paul Anderson > wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
>
> > Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
> > them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
> > night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
> > crashes.

> I drive on many unlit local roads and need the high-beams to see the
> road ahead and am not a deadly criminal speeder.
>
> But those who don't turn off the high-beams when they approach a car (in
> either direction) are rude. The ones approaching you can be alerted by
> flashing your lights, but the ones in back of you are more difficult
> since they blind you for a longer period of time and there's no obvious
> way to tell them to lower their lights.

Agreed.

It ought to be legal to smash out the brights of the car behind you at
a stop light with a Mag-Lite or whatever suitable instrument you carry
under your seat.

nate

(who just had one of these pricks behind him this morning...)
Old November 20th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
N8N > wrote:

>It ought to be legal to smash out the brights of the car behind you at
>a stop light with a Mag-Lite or whatever suitable instrument you carry
>under your seat.

Finally, a use for .22 Short!
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old November 20th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Nov 20, 2:32 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
> << ECP removed >>
>
> > Nobody but the deadly criminal spe <PAF!>

> Another stupid idea from a typical product of the american (sic)
> educational system. Go back to your double wide, your budweiser, your
> inbred children and your Dr. Phil and let the adults carry on with
> rational discussion.
>
> Here's a better idea: lets mandate a keg cooler in each car. Lord knows
> that warm beer doesn't taste as good. Right, Hector?
>
> --
> "Well - that's what our highway terrorists, the speeders and drunk
> drivers and red light runners and other criminal drivers do. Over 3000
> americans killed every month"
>
> --Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 1/29/07
> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/2rfqhp
> Message ID: 01>
>
> "Another 43,000 americans were killed on our highways=3F"
>
> --Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are DEADLY PSHCHOPATHS, 1/20/07
> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/2utsnx
> Message ID: .com>
>
> (And we know they are both YOU, so don't even try to deny it!)

S&DDAM probably gets its legal ideas from TV, as in "Judge Judy." The
"Aunt Judy" parody of the show is a nice fit.
Old November 20th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Rich Piehl[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
> them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
> night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
> crashes.

You, OBVIOUSLY, never drive on any rural roads at night.

How about we just disconnect yours since you seem so disconnected from
reality.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
That's one of the problems in this country
The nuts don't know they're nuts.

--Jeff Foxworthy
Old November 21st 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Matthew T. Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> N8N > wrote:
>
>>It ought to be legal to smash out the brights of the car behind you at
>>a stop light with a Mag-Lite or whatever suitable instrument you carry
>>under your seat.

> Finally, a use for .22 Short!

LOL does that even exist? I don't think I have seen any .22 ammo in
anything but .22 long rifle... ever.

nate

(unless you count .223 that is...)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old November 21st 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Paul Anderson wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote:
>
>> Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
>> them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
>> night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
>> crashes.

> I drive on many unlit local roads and need the high-beams to see the
> road ahead and am not a deadly criminal speeder.

It is amusing that the resident troll is against high-beams. In chicago,
the cheap ass beater driving types think the high-beams are the spare
bulbs for the headlamps.

Some switch to highbeams once the first lowbeam burns out. Some wait
until both do. In either case they won't replace their headlamp bulbs
until all 4 are burned out.

Old November 21st 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Rich Piehl > wrote in news:2BJ0j.83
:

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> Nobody but the deadly criminal speeders who drive over 70 at night need
>> them and they obviously don't count. Many people use their brights at
>> night but then forget about them and blind oncoming traffic and cause
>> crashes.

> You, OBVIOUSLY, never drive on any rural roads at night.
>
> How about we just disconnect yours since you seem so disconnected from
> reality.

I drive rural roads at night. But i don't speed on them,