** 8-yr-old Killed while Illegally Riding Go-cart in Street <= Truck [ SUV ] Driver ARRESTED **

Old June 30th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
richard

Default ** 8-yr-old Killed while Illegally Riding Go-cart in Street <= Truck [ SUV ] Driver ARRESTED **

On Jun 29, 6:01 pm, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:
> Camper arrest in go-cart death
> By Mike McPhee
> Denver Post Staff Writer
> Article Last Updated: 06/29/2007 03:29:14 PM MDT
> The man wanted for leaving the scene of an accident that killed an
> 8-year-old go-cart rider was arrested while sleeping early this morning in a
> campsite outside of Steamboat Springs.
>
> "This was good, old-fashioned police work," said Westminster police
> spokeswoman Stephanie Topkoff.
>
> Routt County Sheriff's deputies arrested Sean Christopher Daniels, 31, of
> Westminster without incident around 2 a.m., she said. He was transported to
> Jefferson County Jail for investigation of leaving the scene of an accident
> involving a death, which is a felony crime.
>
> Last Saturday evening, Quinton Von Duyke, 8, and his brother Kaeden, 10,
> were riding a motorized go-cart on West 96th Avenue near Pierce Street in
> Westminster when a vehicle hit the go-cart from behind. Kaeden, the go-cart
> driver, was thrown clear but Quinton, who was wearing a seat belt, was
> killed. The vehicle drove away.
>
> "From evidence recovered at the scene, police were able to determine that
> the vehicle they were looking for was a Chevrolet SUV or truck, between a
> 1994 and 2000 model," Topkoff said. "Police began searching door-to-door,
> looking into garages when they could.
>
> "At 6 p.m. Thursday, an officer located the vehicle in a driveway. It was a
> 1995 Chevrolet registered to Sean Daniels," Topkoff said.
>
> Police learned where Daniels was and had Routt County authorities arrest
> him.
>
> At a press conference at police headquarters this afternoon, Pam Anderson, a
> cousin of Quinton's parents, thanked officers for their hard work.
>
> "The outpouring of support from the community, as well as the tireless
> effort of the officers working this case, has been overwhelming," she said,
> fighting back tears. "We will never be able to express how much we
> appreciate everything that has been done for our boy. We ask that you keep
> us in your prayers as we allow justice to take its course."

The title of the post suggests that a "Commercial Truck" driver was
arrested.
I would like to point out that an SUV is neither a pickup truck nor a
commercial "semi" truck.
Commercial truck drivers normally do not park in campgrounds, which is
where the SUV driver was found.

Old June 30th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Betsy

"richard" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 29, 6:01 pm, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:
> Camper arrest in go-cart death
> By Mike McPhee
> Denver Post Staff Writer
> Article Last Updated: 06/29/2007 03:29:14 PM MDT
> The man wanted for leaving the scene of an accident that killed an
> 8-year-old go-cart rider was arrested while sleeping early this morning in
> campsite outside of Steamboat Springs.
>
> "This was good, old-fashioned police work," said Westminster police
> spokeswoman Stephanie Topkoff.
>
> Routt County Sheriff's deputies arrested Sean Christopher Daniels, 31, of
> Westminster without incident around 2 a.m., she said. He was transported
> Jefferson County Jail for investigation of leaving the scene of an
> accident
> involving a death, which is a felony crime.
>
> Last Saturday evening, Quinton Von Duyke, 8, and his brother Kaeden, 10,
> were riding a motorized go-cart on West 96th Avenue near Pierce Street in
> Westminster when a vehicle hit the go-cart from behind. Kaeden, the
> go-cart
> driver, was thrown clear but Quinton, who was wearing a seat belt, was
> killed. The vehicle drove away.
>
> "From evidence recovered at the scene, police were able to determine that
> the vehicle they were looking for was a Chevrolet SUV or truck, between a
> 1994 and 2000 model," Topkoff said. "Police began searching door-to-door,
> looking into garages when they could.
>
> "At 6 p.m. Thursday, an officer located the vehicle in a driveway. It was
> 1995 Chevrolet registered to Sean Daniels," Topkoff said.
>
> Police learned where Daniels was and had Routt County authorities arrest
> him.
>
> At a press conference at police headquarters this afternoon, Pam Anderson,
> cousin of Quinton's parents, thanked officers for their hard work.
>
> "The outpouring of support from the community, as well as the tireless
> effort of the officers working this case, has been overwhelming," she
> said,
> fighting back tears. "We will never be able to express how much we
> appreciate everything that has been done for our boy. We ask that you keep
> us in your prayers as we allow justice to take its course."

The title of the post suggests that a "Commercial Truck" driver was
arrested.
I would like to point out that an SUV is neither a pickup truck nor a
commercial "semi" truck.
Commercial truck drivers normally do not park in campgrounds, which is
where the SUV driver was found.

The *driver* was found in the campground, not the *SUV*. That was found in
a driveway where they asked the residents where the owner was. They then
had the law enforcement appropriate to the campground area find and arrest
the driver.

"From evidence recovered at the scene, police were able to determine that
the vehicle they were looking for was a Chevrolet SUV or truck, between a
1994 and 2000 model," Topkoff said. "Police began searching door-to-door,
looking into garages when they could.

"At 6 p.m. Thursday, an officer located the vehicle in a driveway. It was a
1995 Chevrolet registered to Sean Daniels," Topkoff said.

Police learned where Daniels was and had Routt County authorities arrest
him."

The article never states whether the 1995 Chevrolet found was an SUV or a
Truck.

Betsy

Old July 1st 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Jun 30, 8:43 am, richard > wrote:
> On Jun 29, 6:01 pm, "¥ UltraMan ¥" > wrote:
>

> > Camper arrest in go-cart death
> > By Mike McPhee
> > Denver Post Staff Writer
> > Article Last Updated: 06/29/2007 03:29:14 PM MDT
> > The man wanted for leaving the scene of an accident that killed an
> > 8-year-old go-cart rider was arrested while sleeping early this morning in a
> > campsite outside of Steamboat Springs.

> > "This was good, old-fashioned police work," said Westminster police
> > spokeswoman Stephanie Topkoff.

> > Routt County Sheriff's deputies arrested Sean Christopher Daniels, 31, of
> > Westminster without incident around 2 a.m., she said. He was transported to
> > Jefferson County Jail for investigation of leaving the scene of an accident
> > involving a death, which is a felony crime.

> > Last Saturday evening, Quinton Von Duyke, 8, and his brother Kaeden, 10,
> > were riding a motorized go-cart on West 96th Avenue near Pierce Street in
> > Westminster when a vehicle hit the go-cart from behind. Kaeden, the go-cart
> > driver, was thrown clear but Quinton, who was wearing a seat belt, was
> > killed. The vehicle drove away.

> > "From evidence recovered at the scene, police were able to determine that
> > the vehicle they were looking for was a Chevrolet SUV or truck, between a
> > 1994 and 2000 model," Topkoff said. "Police began searching door-to-door,
> > looking into garages when they could.

> > "At 6 p.m. Thursday, an officer located the vehicle in a driveway. It was a
> > 1995 Chevrolet registered to Sean Daniels," Topkoff said.

> > Police learned where Daniels was and had Routt County authorities arrest
> > him.

> > At a press conference at police headquarters this afternoon, Pam Anderson, a
> > cousin of Quinton's parents, thanked officers for their hard work.

> > "The outpouring of support from the community, as well as the tireless
> > effort of the officers working this case, has been overwhelming," she said,
> > fighting back tears. "We will never be able to express how much we
> > appreciate everything that has been done for our boy. We ask that you keep
> > us in your prayers as we allow justice to take its course."

> The title of the post suggests that a "Commercial Truck" driver was
> arrested.
> I would like to point out that an SUV is neither a pickup truck nor a
> commercial "semi" truck.
> Commercial truck drivers normally do not park in campgrounds, which is
> where the SUV driver was found.- Hide quoted text -

For some reason, I can't reply directly to the OP.

The capitalization of 'arrested' implies that there is something wrong
with the arrest. If he does, I wonder why.

Harry K

Old July 2nd 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
GeekBoy[_7_]

You can't reply to him because your software has TROLL SAFETY measures built
in.

ups.com...