How to remove 2000 Saturn LS1 passenger side mirror

Old September 30th 04, 06:26 AM

Default How to remove 2000 Saturn LS1 passenger side mirror

I need to know how to remove the passenger side mirror on a 2000 Saturn
LS1. It is currently dangling by the wires (lost a fight with the trash
can tonight) and I can't figure out how to get the plastic panel off
inside the door so I can remove the mirror. Do I just pull really hard
on the small triangular panel and it pops off? I've pulled on it some,
but I'm afraid of breaking it.
Thanks,
Kurt
Old October 1st 04, 04:41 AM
Richard

If it is the same as the '98 SL, it pops right off.

Old October 3rd 04, 02:19 AM
New & Improved - N/F John

I tried removing the door panel on my 2001 L200. There are a few screws. I
got all the visible screws off, but there was something holding right about
the chrome handle. Never got the panel off.

Old October 3rd 04, 04:00 PM
Graham

I knocked mine off & was told I had to buy a whole new assembly
becuse the plastic door-mounting plate was damaged and not
replaceable separately.
I first tried to get the inside panel off but failed.
The mirror was hanging on its wires so I cut them
& gave the dealer $ 300 Cdn for a new unit !