1999 A4 2.8 Quatro Amplifier Location

Old May 13th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

Default 1999 A4 2.8 Quatro Amplifier Location

Can anyone tell me where the amp for the rear speakers is supposed to be
located?

Old May 13th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_10_]

In some series it is located in the rear speaker housing. I am not sure
in your case although I owned a '98 A4 until last fall.

Old May 14th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

OK. Thanks Tony. I don't have one. It looks like one of the previous owners
had a different receiver with 4 powered outputs and didn't need it.
Are there any aftermarket receivers that will slide right in where the Audi
radio is now or will they all require some kind of adaptor? I appreciate the
help.

Old May 14th 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_10_]

If you check the AudiWorld forums you will find a number of threads
covering conversions and I think that there are adapters available for
slide-in replacements.

Also check on Crutchfield for alternatives:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qk644rI... &cc=01&avf=Y