PICS - 2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

Old June 14th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JLA

Default PICS - 2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

In the 1968 movie “Bullitt”, maverick cop Steve McQueen was really
cool hunting down criminals in his Mustang, that the folks at Ford
created the 2008 Bullitt Mustang in honor of the movie’s 40th year
anniversary.

This car is really hot and there are sure to be many who will want to
run out and grab one right now which will result in a 10K or more
mark up at the dealers. Oh well!

View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...679000#8679000

Old June 14th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ugly[_2_]

Yawn

Same old same old. Reminds me of a 2006 charger

Its ugly as ugly can be.

Old June 15th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

"Ugly" > wrote in message
> Yawn
>
> Same old same old. Reminds me of a 2006 charger
>
> Its ugly as ugly can be.
>
> "JLA" > wrote in message
>> In the 1968 movie "Bullitt", maverick cop Steve McQueen was really
>> cool hunting down criminals in his Mustang, that the folks at Ford
>> created the 2008 Bullitt Mustang in honor of the movie's 40th year
>> anniversary.
>>
>> This car is really hot and there are sure to be many who will want to
>> run out and grab one right now which will result in a 10K or more
>> mark up at the dealers. Oh well!
>>
>> View the attachments for this post at:
>> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...679000#8679000

It would be a lot hotter with a 390 in it like the original. Just don't
understand Ford's position all cars have itty bitty motors that cose 6
zillion bucks to get with any real performance.

Old June 15th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Ugly" > wrote in message
> Yawn
>
> Same old same old. Reminds me of a 2006 charger
>
> Its ugly as ugly can be.

Yeah. Give me more ugly cars like that one.

dwight

Old June 15th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Actually I dont think his cop character was cool, more surley than
cool id say. and plus he sure didnt solve that case very fast,
whenever i see it , its like one of the most boreing movies ever made,
just sitting there praying for the car chase to come up. Plus hes got
like this smokin hot girlfriend and he doesnt even care. these days a
woman like that would leave you in a second if you were that surley
and uncaring.

BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

Old June 16th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

On Jun 15, 2:50 pm, wrote:

> BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
second) but I recall an interview with some of the
people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
maybe the interview was biased, who knows?

But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
correct? Or am I dreaming?

Old June 16th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 15, 6:58 pm, Kruse > wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2:50 pm, wrote:
>
> > BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

> Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
> second) but I recall an interview with some of the
> people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
> chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
> the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
> and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
> maybe the interview was biased, who knows?
>
> But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
> really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
> an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
> correct? Or am I dreaming?

I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is
amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW
bug drives by them like 5 times!

Old June 17th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jun 15, 6:58 pm, Kruse > wrote:
>> On Jun 15, 2:50 pm, wrote:
>>
>> > BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

>> Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
>> second) but I recall an interview with some of the
>> people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
>> chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
>> the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
>> and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
>> maybe the interview was biased, who knows?
>>
>> But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
>> really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
>> an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
>> correct? Or am I dreaming?

> I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
> jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
> stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
> mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is

V-12 GT??? Was there ever one of those?

After winning LeMans in late 1966, engineers From Ford's Advanced Engine
Engineering team wanted to build a 48-valve Vi 2 For the Ford GT Mark 4 and
humiliate the man who had so rudely rejected Ford's offer to buy his company
Four years earlier, Enzo Ferrari. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, the
V12 was turned down, and the 1967 Mark 4 was fitted with a 427-[in.sup.3] V8
of the type used to win Le Mans in 1966. It won at a record pace.

Old June 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jun 17, 3:34 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
> >> second) but I recall an interview with some of the
> >> people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
> >> chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
> >> the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
> >> and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
> >> maybe the interview was biased, who knows?

> >> But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
> >> really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
> >> an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
> >> correct? Or am I dreaming?

> > I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
> > jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
> > stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
> > mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is

> V-12 GT??? Was there ever one of those?
>
> After winning LeMans in late 1966, engineers From Ford's Advanced Engine
> Engineering team wanted to build a 48-valve Vi 2 For the Ford GT Mark 4 and
> humiliate the man who had so rudely rejected Ford's offer to buy his company
> Four years earlier, Enzo Ferrari. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, the
> V12 was turned down, and the 1967 Mark 4 was fitted with a 427-[in.sup.3] V8
> of the type used to win Le Mans in 1966. It won at a record pace.
>

> > amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW
> > bug drives by them like 5 times!- Hide quoted text -

wow, you showed me eh! anyway the sound effects were definately from a
GT40. I saw it somewhere.

speaking of beating on chargers. Grindhouse has some of the best
musclecar stuff of any movie ive seen. its in the second half and you
have to sit through a lot of unentertaining crap but all the scenes
with kurt russel and his nova and charger are friggin unbelievable!
its like renting bullitt. rent it and just forward to the car parts.
you wont regret it!!!!

Old June 18th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jun 17, 3:34 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...

>> > I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
>> > jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
>> > stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
>> > mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is

>> V-12 GT??? Was there ever one of those?
>>
>> After winning LeMans in late 1966, engineers From Ford's Advanced Engine
>> Engineering team wanted to build a 48-valve Vi 2 For the Ford GT Mark 4
>> and
>> humiliate the man who had so rudely rejected Ford's offer to buy his
>> company
>> Four years earlier, Enzo Ferrari. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, the
>> V12 was turned down, and the 1967 Mark 4 was fitted with a 427-[in.sup.3]
>> V8
>> of the type used to win Le Mans in 1966. It won at a record pace.
>>

>> > amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW
>> > bug drives by them like 5 times!- Hide quoted text -

> wow, you showed me eh! anyway the sound effects were definately from a
> GT40. I saw it somewhere.

I don't know did I? Was there ever a V-12 GT40? I've never herd of one. I
thought I was being quite civil, you think not?

> speaking of beating on chargers. Grindhouse has some of the best
> musclecar stuff of any movie ive seen. its in the second half and you
> have to sit through a lot of unentertaining crap but all the scenes
> with kurt russel and his nova and charger are friggin unbelievable!
> its like renting bullitt. rent it and just forward to the car parts.
> you wont regret it!!!!

PICS - 2008 Ron Fellows Edition Corvette Z06 and 2008 Indy Pace Car Edition Corvette 08Vette Corvette 4 February 3rd 07 05:37 PM
2008.5 Bullďtt Đavďd Ford Mustang 0 December 3rd 06 10:25 PM
The Bullitt is back in 2008 [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 September 22nd 06 12:29 PM
Mustang Bullitt For Sale Mark Ford Mustang 0 July 31st 05 11:12 PM
Ford Mustang pics Taswell Alexander Ford Mustang 40 January 16th 05 02:13 PM