Jeep Forum

Old September 12th 05, 03:38 PM

Default Jeep Forum

Hey Guys and Gals

I've started a jeep forum at http://www.kloozen.com. I'm having a hard
time getting people to post messages though. If anyone has some spare
time and doesn't mind posting a question or comment it would be greatly
appreciated. My intention is not to take users from this newsgroup I
just need something to get the forum going.

Thanks,

John

Old September 12th 05, 03:50 PM
Mike Romain

Join the dozens that have tried and failed already. We have several
usenet Jeep groups already and yet another commercial one isn't likely
to get much interest.

The nice part of this group, RAMJ+W is the no commercial posters aspect.

Besides the fact your link or address is bad one.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 12th 05, 07:40 PM
Phil Schuman

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> Join the dozens that have tried and failed already. We have several
> usenet Jeep groups already and yet another commercial one isn't likely
> to get much interest.

what other JEEP newsgroup is there ?

Old September 12th 05, 07:58 PM
Jerry Bransford

Many Jeep forums exist! www.jeepsunlimited.com/ www.jeepforum.com/
www.jeepaholics.com/ www.myjeeprocks.com/ www.jeeps-offroad.com/ to name
just a few... and many, many more.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old September 12th 05, 08:16 PM
Paul Calman

> Many Jeep forums exist! www.jeepsunlimited.com/ www.jeepforum.com/
> www.jeepaholics.com/ www.myjeeprocks.com/ www.jeeps-offroad.com/ to name
> just a few... and many, many more.

But, WHY?

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old September 12th 05, 08:45 PM
Mood

Money. The owners of the websites get to put advertisements up on
them. The more visitors and members they have, the more money they
will get from advertisers. It's really a shame, I think USENET is
taking a backseat to these damn things. Many new car forums are on the
web instead of USNET.

Old September 12th 05, 08:59 PM
Mike Romain

Then there is alt.jeep-l and there was one other but I can't seen to tag
it, rec.autos.jeep I believe it was.

Mike

Old September 12th 05, 09:03 PM
Jerry Bransford

I've been on r.a.m.j+w since '96 and I visit here much less (probably a
good thing in a few ramj+w members opinions) since finding those forums.
But in my opinion, the forums offer a lot... easy to post helpful
photos, a more organized format, and the forums can be more specifically
aimed at certain areas... offroading vs. suspension lifts vs
tires/whees/ vs. politics vs tech questions. The ads are small and
unobtrusive and dont' get in the way of the forum discussions. Plus
it's easy to ban trolls who contribute nothing to the forum. And at
least in the tech forums, there isn't as much continual arguing as there
seems to be here on some subjects. Which is why I am here so seldom any
more, I got tired of the nearly continual arguments with a few
individuals. Also the forums just offer a more visually attractive
format which I find is a lot easier and more relaxing to use. I'm
mainly on JeepForum now but Jeeps Unlimited and a few others are
frequent haunts too. Not many of the oldtimers that were original
members of this newsgroup are still around with Jeff Strickland one of
the last of the originals still a regular contributing member. Just
about everyone with the exception of Jeff long-ago found the forums more
appealing, at least most of the time.

Old September 12th 05, 09:17 PM
Jerry Bransford

Are those still active Mike? I subscribed to those for years but they
just seemed to have all dropped off to zero activity.

Old September 12th 05, 09:32 PM
Cherokee-Ltd

Both are active, alt.jeep-I moreso than rec.autos.jeep.
They see about 1-5 postings/day, sometimes none. A lot of people have been
redirected to RAMJW when their questions go unanswered.
-Brian

"Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
> Are those still active Mike? I subscribed to those for years but they
> just seemed to have all dropped off to zero activity.
>
> Mike Romain wrote:
>> Then there is alt.jeep-l and there was one other but I can't seen to tag
>> it, rec.autos.jeep I believe it was. Mike
>>
>> Jerry Bransford wrote:
>>
>>>Many Jeep forums exist! www.jeepsunlimited.com/ www.jeepforum.com/
>>>www.jeepaholics.com/ www.myjeeprocks.com/ www.jeeps-offroad.com/ to name
>>>just a few... and many, many more.
>>>
>>>Jerry

>>>--
>>>Jerry Bransford
>>>PP-ASEL N6TAY
>>>See the Geezer Jeep at
>>>http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/

> --
> Jerry Bransford
> PP-ASEL N6TAY
> See the Geezer Jeep at
> http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 07:45 PM