Worse than a MFFY

Old May 28th 05, 07:36 AM
Larry Scholnick

Default Worse than a MFFY

I was traveling westbound on one freeway, preparing to go south on another
freeway. The ramp to the other freeway had 2 lanes; the right lane led to
northbound and the left lane led to southbound (all clearly marked at the
point where the 2-lane ramp left the original freeway as well as at the
point where the ramp split between southbound vs. northbound).

Ahead of me, side by side in both lanes, were 2 cars, crawling along with
nobody ahead of them. As they approached the split point, they went
progressively slower. Finally, the bozo in the right lane shifted into the
left lane and went south; then, the fool in the left lane shifted into the
right lane and went north. Neither had signaled their intentions and had no
idea why the other one wasn't letting them in! Had either one signaled, the
other one would have figured it out and they would have swapped lanes
earlier. But as it was, each was politely waiting for a chance to pull in
behind the other one. Had the one in the right lane not panicked and cut
over, they might have both come to a complete stop just before the gore
point.

At least a MFFY would have cut over earlier (with no consideration of the
other guy) and ended the rolling roadblock!

Old May 28th 05, 10:22 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
om...
>I was traveling westbound on one freeway, preparing to go south on another
> freeway. The ramp to the other freeway had 2 lanes; the right lane led to
> northbound and the left lane led to southbound (all clearly marked at the
> point where the 2-lane ramp left the original freeway as well as at the
> point where the ramp split between southbound vs. northbound).
>
> Ahead of me, side by side in both lanes, were 2 cars, crawling along with
> nobody ahead of them. As they approached the split point, they went
> progressively slower. Finally, the bozo in the right lane shifted into
> the
> left lane and went south; then, the fool in the left lane shifted into the
> right lane and went north. Neither had signaled their intentions and had
> no
> idea why the other one wasn't letting them in! Had either one signaled,
> the
> other one would have figured it out and they would have swapped lanes
> earlier. But as it was, each was politely waiting for a chance to pull in
> behind the other one. Had the one in the right lane not panicked and cut
> over, they might have both come to a complete stop just before the gore
> point.
>
> At least a MFFY would have cut over earlier (with no consideration of the
> other guy) and ended the rolling roadblock!

Now we see what happens when 2 MFFYs meet.

Old May 28th 05, 02:24 PM
Dave

> Now we see what happens when 2 MFFYs meet.

I was hoping it would involve flammable chemicals and loud noises. -Dave