Another LCD Monitor Question

Old March 1st 05, 02:30 AM
tlgtr

Default Another LCD Monitor Question

OK, just one more? The monitor I got is a Princeton 19" with 800:1 and
25 mc specs. It seems to be fine in NR03 and pretty good in SCC. But
I do notice some blurring in SCC as I go by poles and stuff. The
question is, if I get a monitor with better response time (ms Number)
will I solve this? Or is this a trade-off I have to make for the LCD
monitor? I still have time to return this one and try another...

Any advice appreciated very much... Thanks in advance.

Old March 1st 05, 02:40 AM
Brian Bowles

If you do not want noticable ghosting or blurring you really need a monitor
with a ms of 16 or less.

Brian Bowles

ups.com...

Old March 1st 05, 03:18 AM
Steve Simpson

> Any advice appreciated very much... Thanks in advance.

Wait about another 2 years - there's some new flatpanel display technology
on the horizon that has the sharpness of an LCD with the response and
contrast of a CRT....I've already started saving for a 50" one ;-)

Old March 1st 05, 03:19 AM
mjones53

look at the new Sony X-Brite Series, they look awesome and have a 12ms
response on the 19".
. ..

Old March 1st 05, 03:52 PM
tlgtr

Looked at the Sony's...if I could afford one of them...I could race
real cars (lol)...

Looks like I may go back to a CRT, but a 19" flat screen...(got my tax
refund-gotta buy SOMETHING)...gonna pick one up tonite and give it a
try...more in my price range anyway...

Old March 1st 05, 04:13 PM
Pez

8ms displays on the way.

pez

Old March 3rd 05, 07:04 AM
Dave Henrie

"tlgtr" > wrote in news:1109692333.690214.17750
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Looked at the Sony's...if I could afford one of them...I could race
> real cars (lol)...
>
> Looks like I may go back to a CRT, but a 19" flat screen...(got my tax
> refund-gotta buy SOMETHING)...gonna pick one up tonite and give it a
> try...more in my price range anyway...

Can I barge in and ask a question? A friend of my wife's got a
Princeton 19in flat panel display. Thats all I know about it. I set it
for 10x7x32. She said she did not have any drivers for it and windowsXP
just declared it a plug and play monitor. What is the preferred screen
resoultion and does it really not need an installation cd?

dave henrie
Old March 3rd 05, 11:30 AM
TDRacin®

No drivers needed for a monitor, but I don't know what you mean by that
10x7x32? On a 19" monitor, your resolution is probably at least 1028x1024,
and possibly as high as 1600x1200. But that info should be in clear sight
on the box, the manual, or a quick google search on that particular monitor.
Usually if you set the resolution too high, it will span across the screen
as you move the mouse. If the entire screen doesn't show, you are too high
in resolution.

Tim

. 97.136...

Old March 4th 05, 06:20 PM