Flat Monitor Question #2

Old February 25th 05, 07:42 PM
tlgtr

Default Flat Monitor Question #2

I want the lowest possible "ms" number possible...right?

Old February 25th 05, 07:50 PM
Darus

Right...lower is better

Old February 25th 05, 07:51 PM
Plowboy

YES, plus you want HIGH number contrast ratio otherwise the screen is going
to look faded. 800:1 seems nice, probably goes hand in hand with Response
time though, meaning great response, means great contrast. last thing upon
maybe comparing 2 models, and going which to buy, would probably pixel size.
HTH.

-plow, AKA Sting32, & in NSR mwing32...
tlgtr enlightened us with:

Old February 26th 05, 03:56 AM
Mitch_A

tlgtr wrote:

> I want the lowest possible "ms" number possible...right?

As mentioned in a later post the Sony SDM-HS94P Xbrite is very, very nice.
12ms 800:1 though its somewhat pricey. Looks more like a CRT than a LCD.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old February 27th 05, 02:36 PM
Tiny Lund

"I want the lowest possible "ms" number possible...right?"

You may also want to consider the highest possible resolution.

oups.com...

Old February 28th 05, 04:03 PM
tlgtr

Ended up with a Princeton 19" with 800:1 contrast and 25ms....(it
seemed in my research that the higher contrast came with a higher ms
number?) Seems OK....

Have to tweak the brightness up a little for nite tracks over what
seems the best for day tracks. If I want the better "ms number" I
would need to go to a 17". I have 14 days to play with it and be able
to return it... Any opinions appreciated...

Old March 1st 05, 05:30 PM
Plowboy

IMHO without big $$ you cant find a good FP monitor right now, sock the
money away, buy cheaper tube type, for now. 8ms coming soon I read.

tlgtr enlightened us with: