Red wine and auctions

Old April 9th 05, 08:45 AM
Andrew

Default Red wine and auctions

Don't mix,

My daughter is on her L plates and was thinking about buying a car
some time.

We were playing around on eBay and found a 1970 type 3 notchback with
2 hrs left to bid.
It all happened so fast ..... it's really cool.....I know I've only
got 10%......the shopping goes in the front.........
I love you Dad.......

Any way here it is :-)

http://img227.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dcp19084uu.jpg

I did a bit of reading and the opinion seems to be to run it on
premium unleaded with no additive,
we changed the oil today and used Castrol gtx2 ( recommended from a vw
forum for air cooled )

Eventually found the battery, still looking for the oil filter?

I will probably have a few questions to ask but for now just wanted to
say hello.

Is there anything I really need to know in a hurry?

Andrew.

Old April 9th 05, 10:37 AM
Jan Andersson

Andrew wrote:

> Don't mix,
>
> My daughter is on her L plates and was thinking about buying a car
> some time.
>
> We were playing around on eBay and found a 1970 type 3 notchback with
> 2 hrs left to bid.
> It all happened so fast ..... it's really cool.....I know I've only
> got 10%......the shopping goes in the front.........
> I love you Dad.......
>
> Any way here it is :-)
>
> http://img227.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dcp19084uu.jpg
>
> I did a bit of reading and the opinion seems to be to run it on
> premium unleaded with no additive,
> we changed the oil today and used Castrol gtx2 ( recommended from a vw
> forum for air cooled )
>
> Eventually found the battery, still looking for the oil filter?

There is no oil filter. You can stop looking now

Jan
Old April 9th 05, 12:21 PM
Shag

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 07:45:59 GMT, Andrew > wrote:

>Don't mix,
>
>My daughter is on her L plates and was thinking about buying a car
>some time.
>
>We were playing around on eBay and found a 1970 type 3 notchback with
>2 hrs left to bid.
>It all happened so fast ..... it's really cool.....I know I've only
>got 10%......the shopping goes in the front.........
>I love you Dad.......
>
>Any way here it is :-)
>
>http://img227.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dcp19084uu.jpg
>
>I did a bit of reading and the opinion seems to be to run it on
>premium unleaded with no additive,
>we changed the oil today and used Castrol gtx2 ( recommended from a vw
>forum for air cooled )
>
>Eventually found the battery, still looking for the oil filter?
>
>I will probably have a few questions to ask but for now just wanted to
>say hello.
>
>Is there anything I really need to know in a hurry?
>
>Andrew.

Don't drink and ebay. ;-) Wow, that is a pretty little car you got
there!

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old April 10th 05, 06:30 PM
Charles Fregeau

"Andrew" > wrote in message

> Don't mix,
>
> My daughter is on her L plates and was thinking about buying a car
> some time.
>
> We were playing around on eBay and found a 1970 type 3 notchback with
> 2 hrs left to bid.
> It all happened so fast ..... it's really cool.....I know I've only
> got 10%......the shopping goes in the front.........
> I love you Dad.......
>
> Any way here it is :-)
>
> http://img227.exs.cx/gal.php?g=dcp19084uu.jpg
>
> I did a bit of reading and the opinion seems to be to run it on
> premium unleaded with no additive,
> we changed the oil today and used Castrol gtx2 ( recommended from a vw
> forum for air cooled )
>
> Eventually found the battery, still looking for the oil filter?
>
> I will probably have a few questions to ask but for now just wanted to
> say hello.
>
> Is there anything I really need to know in a hurry?
>
> Andrew.

You got lucky. Take care of that Type 3. We almost bought one back in the
'70's but the mark went up too fast vis a vis the dollar. We had to settle
for a used Corvair.

I wish they had "L" plates on this side of the pond. Especially at rush
hour.

Charles in Kankakee