MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old July 4th 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

"Michael Pardee" > wrote in message
.. .
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>
>> We'll agree to differ on the subject, then. I have my own list of
>> qualifications for certain jobs. Clear communication is at the top of my
>> list for a president, and Bush does not meet that qualification unless he
>> has a script.
>>

> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not
> want a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people
> feel President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right.
> But I can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct
> the people who report to him, and that is the real importance of
> communication ability.
>
> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
> politicians are fabricated, and it is to your credit you used one that
> wasn't.
>
> Mike

I wasn't aware that one was fabricated. How did you find that out?

There are plenty that come with video footage, and are equally pathetic.

"This process has been drug out a long time, which says to me it's
political."—Discussing the controversy surrounding Attorney General Alberto
Gonzalez, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 11, 2007

The video is here. His stupidity is at approximately 23:18 (23 minutes and
18 seconds).
http://mfile.akamai.com/5913/wmv/whi...070611-1.v.asx

There is no way you can possibly explain away things like this. And don't
tell me "drug out" was the Texan way of saying things.

"The question is, who ought to make that decision? The Congress or the
commanders? And as you know, my position is clear—I'm a commander
guy."—Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007
Video:
http://mfile.akamai.com/5913/wmv/whi...070502-2.v.asx
Stupidity at 53:41
Commander guy???

Old July 4th 07, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
larry moe 'n curly

On Jul 4, 8:43 am, Jeff > wrote:
> larry moe 'n curly wrote:
>
> > Jeff wrote:

> >> George W. Bush has not had any alcohol in a long time; since long before
> >> he became President.

> > It wasn't alcohol-free beer that he drank at the recent G-8 summit in
> > Germany, nor did he miss next morning's activities solely due to tummy
> > trouble. At least he didn't get drunk and shoot someone in the face,
> > as Cheney did.

> Please provide evidence about how much beer he drank in Germany.

The tummy ache excuse is way too coincidental to be credible.

> My understanding is that he doesn't drink at all any more.

The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence
must be to support it. So please provide 24/7 video and brain scans
of GW Bush. His frequent odd public behavior can't be due to complete
sobriety or abstinence from drugs.

Old July 4th 07, 08:40 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
larry moe 'n curly

Jeff wrote:

> I have no knowledge of the President touching her in any appropriate way,

I'm sure you've seen the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPArZwLHi2Y

So what do you mean? Chancellor Merkel didn't seem to conider it
appropriate touching.

Old July 4th 07, 08:41 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Cathy F.[_4_]

"Michael Pardee" > wrote in message
.. .
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>
>> We'll agree to differ on the subject, then. I have my own list of
>> qualifications for certain jobs. Clear communication is at the top of my
>> list for a president, and Bush does not meet that qualification unless he
>> has a script.
>>

> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not
> want a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people
> feel President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right.
> But I can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct
> the people who report to him, and that is the real importance of
> communication ability.
>
> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
> politicians are fabricated, and it is to your credit you used one that
> wasn't.

With GWB, so many of his flubs have been recorded live, that I bet it'd be
difficult to find one that was fabricated!

Cathy

P.S. I'd live to trim the x-posting, but I don't know which of those ngs
you're posting from!

Old July 4th 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>
>> I have no knowledge of the President touching her in any appropriate way,

> I'm sure you've seen the video:
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPArZwLHi2Y
>
> So what do you mean? Chancellor Merkel didn't seem to conider it
> appropriate touching.

And she was laughing as he was walking away.

The reaction looks to me like it was surprise (You can see this more
clearly in the video from CBS).

I am not going to second guess Bush's intent or what was going on when
it appears to 100% innocent.

Jeff
Old July 4th 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Cathy F.[_4_]

"Cathy F." > wrote in message

> "Michael Pardee" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> We'll agree to differ on the subject, then. I have my own list of
>>> qualifications for certain jobs. Clear communication is at the top of my
>>> list for a president, and Bush does not meet that qualification unless
>>> he has a script.
>>>

>> The concept of communication from the president to the public is a very
>> recent one, one I feel mirrors the rise of the entertainment industry as
>> each is dependent on commmunication technology. Personally, I would not
>> want a glib incompetent in the office. I acknowledge that a lot of people
>> feel President Bush is an incompetent and that is certainly their right.
>> But I can't recall a single accusation that he failed to clearly instruct
>> the people who report to him, and that is the real importance of
>> communication ability.
>>
>> You are aware that the overwhelming majority of quotations ascribed to
>> politicians are fabricated, and it is to your credit you used one that
>> wasn't.

> With GWB, so many of his flubs have been recorded live, that I bet it'd be
> difficult to find one that was fabricated!
>
> Cathy
>
> P.S. I'd live to

....or love to (hey, the i *is* next to the o!)

Old July 4th 07, 08:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
> On Jul 4, 8:43 am, Jeff > wrote:
>> larry moe 'n curly wrote:

>>> It wasn't alcohol-free beer that he drank at the recent G-8 summit in
>>> Germany, nor did he miss next morning's activities solely due to tummy
>>> trouble. At least he didn't get drunk and shoot someone in the face,
>>> as Cheney did.

>> Please provide evidence about how much beer he drank in Germany.

> The tummy ache excuse is way too coincidental to be credible.

People get sick all the time. His father became ill when he was visiting
Japan at one point in time when he was President.

There are many reasons why people get sick. Drinking is one of them.
Viruses and bacteria are others.

>> My understanding is that he doesn't drink at all any more.

> The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence
> must be to support it. So please provide 24/7 video and brain scans
> of GW Bush. His frequent odd public behavior can't be due to complete
> sobriety or abstinence from drugs.

Sorry, I don't have a microscope powerful enough to see his brain. ;-)

Despite this, Bush says he doesn't drink.
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/issues/l/aa001106a.htm

Jeff
Old July 4th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> larry moe 'n curly wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>>
>>> I have no knowledge of the President touching her in any appropriate
>>> way,

>> I'm sure you've seen the video:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPArZwLHi2Y
>>
>> So what do you mean? Chancellor Merkel didn't seem to conider it
>> appropriate touching.

> And she was laughing as he was walking away.

Probably trying to be tactful, knowing she was being filmed.

Old July 4th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
larry moe 'n curly

Jeff wrote:

> larry moe 'n curly wrote:

> George W. Bush has not had any alcohol in a long time; since long before
> he became President.
>
>> It wasn't alcohol-free beer that he drank at the recent G-8 summit in
>> Germany, nor did he miss next morning's activities solely due to tummy
>> trouble. At least he didn't get drunk and shoot someone in the face,
>> as Cheney did.

> Please provide evidence about how much beer he drank in Germany.
>
> > The tummy ache excuse is way too coincidental to be credible.

> People get sick all the time. His father became ill when he was visiting
> Japan at one point in time when he was President.
>
> There are many reasons why people get sick. Drinking is one of them.
> Viruses and bacteria are others.

But it was already well known on the previous day that President Bush
had been suffering from the flu. OTOH GW Bush had no cold or flu, his
tummy ache came out of the blue, and nobody else at the summit
experienced anything similar.

> My understanding is that he doesn't drink at all any more.
>
> > The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence
> > must be to support it. So please provide 24/7 video and brain scans
> > of GW Bush. His frequent odd public behavior can't be due to complete
> > sobriety or abstinence from drugs.

> Sorry, I don't have a microscope powerful enough to see his brain. ;-)

Nobody does. Nobody does.

> Despite this, Bush says he doesn't drink.
> http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/issues/l/aa001106a.htm

I don't believe him. He just doesn't act sober enough.

Old July 4th 07, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Bill Ward[_2_]

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:45:46 +0000, Jeff wrote:

> larry moe 'n curly wrote:
>> Jeff wrote:
>>
>>> I have no knowledge of the President touching her in any appropriate
>>> way,

>> I'm sure you've seen the video:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPArZwLHi2Y
>>
>> So what do you mean? Chancellor Merkel didn't seem to conider it
>> appropriate touching.

> And she was laughing as he was walking away.
>
> The reaction looks to me like it was surprise (You can see this more
> clearly in the video from CBS).
>
> I am not going to second guess Bush's intent or what was going on when it
> appears to 100% innocent.

Looks like we may need some desensitization training and consciousness
lowering workshops.

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 04:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM