Visited yesterday!

Old September 11th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
awkard

Default It's HOME! was: Visited yesterday!

Congrats! Would you mind telling us how much this cost to have your Miata
painted? Where there was any issues such as dents or rust that were
necessary and included in the price? I would like to get my Miata painted
but fear that it may be cost prohibitive. Thank you.

. ..

Old September 11th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"awkard" > wrote:

> Congrats! Would you mind telling us how much this cost to have
> your Miata painted?

$1,000.00 I've known the guy who runs the shop for years and had
other work done there so that may not be a "walk-in" price.

> Where there was any issues such as dents or rust that were
> necessary > and included in the price?

No dents. I live in Phoenix, AZ and don't understand this word
"rust"? The only way to find a rusted car here is to get one from
somewhere else...

> I would like to get my Miata painted but fear that it may be cost
> prohibitive.

I got one bid of $1,700 which would probably be the top of the line
work, Earl Scheib and Maaco would do it for around $700. I doubt you'd
be happy with their work....

Old September 13th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I just got a 93 BMW 325i painted at Macco for $350~$400 and I've got to say
it's an incredible value at this price. A bit of orange peal but not bad at
all. I guess the main thing on the miata would be making sure they use a
flex paint on the nose and tail. But if you can't come up with big money,
and you don't need perfection, it's worth consideration!

Chris
99BBB

. ..