Daylight Running Lights

Old December 4th 14, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Daylight Running Lights

http://www.ehow.com/info_8071521_day...ng-lights.html

>> >***
>> >
>> >That's silly, isn't it? The lights PREVENT accidents. Period. "Distraction," "glare," "visibility issues"... What issues? It must have been thought by a lawyer.
>> >

>> >---------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> >"The jungle has never been this much fun!"
>> >
>> >https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

>> There is plenty of evidence of the safety problems of DRL's. I posted
>> reams of it a few years back. There are increases in several types of
>> accidents. The bottom line was that putting all the research together
>> of teh pros and cons of DRL's there was no demonstrable NET safety
>> benefit. So why would you implement something that at the least
>> irritates many oncoming drivers with needless glare when you can't
>> show any NET benefit?
>>
>> Hopefully you understand the meaning of NET.

>Then the Germans must be idiots. And GM, Toyota and others too.

Yup

>But I can tell you right off hand that I can spot a car much quicker with the lights on.

No, you can spot it farther away. As to quicker, that may not be the
case. In a sea of cars all with the headlights on you may never even
notice the one about to run into you.

Are you often surprised by cars that you never noticed till they were
within 1500 feet of you? If so you should turn in your drivers
license as you are not physically capable of safe driving. You can
see all cars during the day when they are within 3000 feet of you even
if they have no lights on.