Heat

Old February 3rd 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
c_cook2007

Default Heat

I have a 2000 Ford Escort ZX2. When the heater is all the way up and it's
blowing out warm air, it still doesn't heat up the car. And the air is
just that. It's warm, not hot like almost every other car I have been in.
Also, the water temperature gauge thing on the dash never rises above "C."
It can be the hottest day of the year and I'm running high RPMs and it
still doesn't rise above the "C." However it does rise some after it runs
for a little bit but is still far below the "C." I was wondering what
could be wrong with my two problems and how I would go about fixing them.

Old February 3rd 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve B.

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:06:39 -0500, "c_cook2007"
> wrote:

>I have a 2000 Ford Escort ZX2. When the heater is all the way up and it's
>blowing out warm air, it still doesn't heat up the car. And the air is
>just that. It's warm, not hot like almost every other car I have been in.
>Also, the water temperature gauge thing on the dash never rises above "C."
>It can be the hottest day of the year and I'm running high RPMs and it
>still doesn't rise above the "C." However it does rise some after it runs
>for a little bit but is still far below the "C." I was wondering what
>could be wrong with my two problems and how I would go about fixing them.

There is a thermostat in the system that chokes off the water flow
going to the radiator when the water is cold. Chances are your
thermostat is stuck open and not doing its job. In addition to lack
of heat a cold engine stays in "open loop" using more gas than needed.
Definitely worth your time to replace the thermostat or get it
replaced.

Steve B.
Old February 6th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Daryl Bryant

If there is a thermostat installed it is stuck open ie R/R thermostat!

--
Bing Bang Boom Voila Done!
lkaboutautos.com...

Old February 6th 07, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

You can test a thermostat.Put it in a pan of water on the stove.Use a
thermometer and watch when the themostat opens.
cuhulin