Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second, faster??

Old October 13th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Default Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second,fas...

That would be in the 1/8 mile.

RicSeyler wrote:
> You are a great guy, very smart and help everyone. But there ain't no
> way a stock
> Vega will do 8sec 1/4. There is no way a stock suspensioned Vega will do
> 8 sec 1/4 with
> a frikkin cammed up rat motor in it and a powerglide w/transbrake. The
> car would fold
> itself around it's center and rip the control arms out of the unibody
> with enough tire and launch
> to get into the 8's.....
>
> Timing errors can happen. So I'm absolutely not saying you aren't
> telling the truth about your time slip.
>
> Tom in Missouri wrote:
>
>>Why not? I did it. Actually, it was one of the slow cars there that
>>weekend. Lot of cars with lower times. I never took the Vette down there, so
>>I never got to see how fast it was there.
>>
>>http://www.i55raceway.com/track/

. ..

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler

Old October 13th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

Ahhh 16sec quarter, that's more like it :-)

Old October 16th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

ROFL --- I gave you all the clues - Pevely, I-55 Dragway, etc.

1/8 mile, that's the trick. No one said it had to be in the quarter.

. ..

Old October 16th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Previous liar never has a chance category:

OK, my fastest 1/8 mile in a "vehicle". < 4.4 sec. (106 frames of film
@ 24 fps.) & 152 mph. FJ-4B, C-7 cat. Also my shortest flight.
Ejected at 8 seconds and got a free ride back to the ship + 2oz of "low
bidder" brandy. -- PJ

Old October 17th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:49:30 GMT, "Tom in Missouri" >
puked:

>ROFL --- I gave you all the clues - Pevely, I-55 Dragway, etc.
>
>1/8 mile, that's the trick. No one said it had to be in the quarter.

Then bring on the 60' times!
Old October 17th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

LOL