Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second, faster??

Old September 28th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Default Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second,fas...

'I used to have a street racer '67 Vette with an aluminum headed,
aluminum rodded, 468 cu. in. full roller motor, with a Dominator carb
and using a custom nitrous unit that went 9.82 @ 143.'

REPLY: Bob, Ill bet that was one fast ride and you surprised alot of
people you raced on the street ; did anyone ever beat you on the street
(or at the Strip) ?? I think not. Ive got a 468 cid , full roller
naturally aspirated motor with Mighty Demon Carb in my 1970 Vette at
approx. 540 h.p./600 tq. gross ; to me...that is scary fast. I can
only imagine mashing a 9.82 second machine !

Old September 29th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BottleBob

dave wrote:

> 'I used to have a street racer '67 Vette with an aluminum headed,
> aluminum rodded, 468 cu. in. full roller motor, with a Dominator carb
> and using a custom nitrous unit that went 9.82 @ 143.'
>
> REPLY: Bob, Ill bet that was one fast ride and you surprised alot of
> people you raced on the street ;

Dave:

Heh, surprised some, got surprised by others.

> did anyone ever beat you on the street
> (or at the Strip) ?? I think not.

Well having a fast car is not a guarantee of winning a street race,
since a great majority of street races are "handicap" starts. One
person or the other giving "car lengths" to the supposedly slower car.
I seldom went to the strip, and when I did it was usually on an "off"
day where I rented the track. The secret of winning money street races
is to make your car seem slower than it really is, so it wouldn't do to
have people know exactly how fast your car is.

> Ive got a 468 cid , full roller
> naturally aspirated motor with Mighty Demon Carb in my 1970 Vette at
> approx. 540 h.p./600 tq. gross ; to me...that is scary fast. I can
> only imagine mashing a 9.82 second machine !

Now THAT sounds like a cool ride. I've never used a Demon Carb, what
CFM do they come in?

PS I'm going to E-mail you my "Street Race Story", that I wrote some
years ago. I think you'll get a kick out of it. I hope your WebTV
address is valid, and will get it. I'd post it in here (and I have in
the past), but glorifying what is essentially an illegal activity might
ruffle some feathers. LOL

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
Old September 29th 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I've never used a Demon Carb, what CFM do they come in?'

REPLY: They go all the way up to the King Demon ; i think they just
came out with a new King Demon 1200 or 1300 cfm ! Mine is an 800 cfm
Mighty Demon (without choke horn), dp, mech secs, annular boosters for
great low end power especially. I can be in 3rd gear at 2500 rpms , mash
the pedal, and break the 255/60/15's loose. Ill look for your email. I
think it just came in !

Old September 29th 06, 09:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

dave wrote:

>'I've never used a Demon Carb, what CFM do they come in?'

Just about any CMF you can imagine, and they even offer an adjustable
one with replaceable ventuis.
They also make a sweet 3 2bbl setup. But $$$..

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old October 5th 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Homer[_3_]

Default Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second, faster ??

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>A 9 sec car has certain NHRA/AHRA restrictions... Roll cage points,
>>scatter shield, drive shaft loop,
>> seat and belts yada yada, I would think the car would HAVE to be equipped
>> to pass
>> tech for 2 passengers. Like a promotional car or sumpin. A reg 9 sec car,
>> you won't be allowed
>> to ride along. IMO.
>>
>> I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it. You
>> can really get
>> the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip.
>>

> I had a 9 second ride in the back seat of a '60 Impala, still paying for
> it, but at least I don't have to take shots.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

I have a 9 second Volkswagen Karmann Ghia that you can ridde in if you help
me push start it.
(It takes 9 seconds for the oil light to go off ;-))

Homer

Old October 5th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I have a 9 second Volkswagen Karmann Ghia that you can ridde in if you
help me push start it.
(It takes 9 seconds for the oil light to go off ;-))
Homer'

REPLY: Thanks for the proposal, but, what i had in mind was something
where the front wheels would lift off the ground . (please dont tell me
youd be willing to jack up your VW for me if i helped you push start it
!). Dave.

Old October 10th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

I ran a Vega once with times in the low 8 sec. I think I still have a slip
around, 8.16 or something like that.

Old October 12th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I ran a Vega once with times in the low 8 sec. I think I still have a
slip around, 8.16 or something like that.'

REPLY: What it heavily nitrous'd ? How much h.p/tq . just out of
curiousity ?

Old October 12th 06, 06:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

All stock. Ran it at Pevely one weekend. I-55 Dragway.

Old October 12th 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:51:01 GMT, "Tom in Missouri" >
puked:

>All stock. Ran it at Pevely one weekend. I-55 Dragway.

A stock 8 second Vega? I don't think a stock one can do 8 seconds in
free fall...

--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?