Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second, faster??

Old September 24th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Default Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second, faster??

For myself, I havent been in anything faster than a 12 second car ;
however, im going to a local DragStrip in a couple weeks and was
thinking of buying my way as a passenger for a 9 second ride down the
lane. Will the DragStrip allow passengers in a 9 second car , and, how
much money would be incentive enough for a driver to let me be a
passenger for one pass ? Thanks.

Old September 25th 06, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

A 9 sec car has certain NHRA/AHRA restrictions... Roll cage points,
scatter shield, drive shaft loop,
seat and belts yada yada, I would think the car would HAVE to be
equipped to pass
tech for 2 passengers. Like a promotional car or sumpin. A reg 9 sec
car, you won't be allowed
to ride along. IMO.

I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it. You
can really get
the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old September 25th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
>A 9 sec car has certain NHRA/AHRA restrictions... Roll cage points, scatter
>shield, drive shaft loop,
> seat and belts yada yada, I would think the car would HAVE to be equipped to
> pass
> tech for 2 passengers. Like a promotional car or sumpin. A reg 9 sec car, you
> won't be allowed
> to ride along. IMO.
>
> I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it. You can
> really get
> the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip.

I had a 9 second ride in the back seat of a '60 Impala, still paying for it, but
at least I don't have to take shots.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 25th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

Default Whats the fastest car youve been in : 10 second, 9 second,fas...

'I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it.
You can really get
the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip. '

REPLY: Ill bet a 10 second ride really throws you back in the seat !
That would be around 700 h.p. to do 10 sec. flat id imagine. Might be
hard for me to find someone with a passenger seat at the Strip whos got
a machine like that , but, im going to keep my eyes open. Sure would
like to experience it.

Dave

Old September 26th 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

> I had a 9 second ride in the back seat of a '60 Impala, still paying for
> it, but at least I don't have to take shots.
>
> --
> Dad

I'm following ya ol man

kickstart

Old September 26th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
David

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:22:53 UTC, (dave) wrote:

> 'I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it.
> You can really get
> the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip. '
>
> REPLY: Ill bet a 10 second ride really throws you back in the seat !
> That would be around 700 h.p. to do 10 sec. flat id imagine. Might be
> hard for me to find someone with a passenger seat at the Strip whos got
> a machine like that , but, im going to keep my eyes open. Sure would
> like to experience it.
>
> Dave

Hang out at the strip and make a few friends. Perhaps you can drive
one of the beasts. I have a few friends that are into that sort of
thing and at various times most of us have earned a thrill ride or
two.

Yes, you're in your seat for the short ride. The best short ride
I've had was in a friend's dragster that I helped him rebuild.
He let me take two passes last summer. Best 5.5 seconds on the
1/8th mile for me. He was breaking in the car and I was slow
off the mark. I was grinning ear to ear. The race tracks
(think Indy) let you take a few laps in your own car (rather
cheap) or during certain times of the year to rent a real beast.
It is rather costly but worth the ride. Even tending to such
beasts is worth it.

David
Old September 27th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BDragon

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >A 9 sec car has certain NHRA/AHRA restrictions... Roll cage points,

scatter
> >shield, drive shaft loop,
> > seat and belts yada yada, I would think the car would HAVE to be

equipped to
> > pass
> > tech for 2 passengers. Like a promotional car or sumpin. A reg 9 sec

car, you
> > won't be allowed
> > to ride along. IMO.
> >
> > I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it. You

can
> > really get
> > the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip.
> >

> I had a 9 second ride in the back seat of a '60 Impala, still paying for

it, but
> at least I don't have to take shots.
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

Would the payment for nine seconds in the back seat be child support
payments, Dad?

Old September 27th 06, 01:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"BDragon" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> >>

> Would the payment for nine seconds in the back seat be child support
> payments, Dad?

Nah, just they pain you feel from lost love even after 23 years. My youngest son
is 41 so no cash changed hands and money isn't how you pay in the dearest
manner.

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you.
..

Old September 27th 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

Dad wrote:

>"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
. ..

>>A 9 sec car has certain NHRA/AHRA restrictions... Roll cage points, scatter
>>shield, drive shaft loop,
>>seat and belts yada yada, I would think the car would HAVE to be equipped to
>>pass
>>tech for 2 passengers. Like a promotional car or sumpin. A reg 9 sec car, you
>>won't be allowed
>>to ride along. IMO.
>>
>>I had a friend that had a 10 sec Nova. I made a couple passes in it. You can
>>really get
>>the sense of speed even on a wide dragstrip.
>>

>I had a 9 second ride in the back seat of a '60 Impala, still paying for it, but
>at least I don't have to take shots.

What happened Dad, a wreck?

Old September 28th 06, 05:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BottleBob

dave wrote:

> For myself, I havent been in anything faster than a 12 second car ;
> however, im going to a local DragStrip in a couple weeks and was
> thinking of buying my way as a passenger for a 9 second ride down the
> lane. Will the DragStrip allow passengers in a 9 second car , and, how
> much money would be incentive enough for a driver to let me be a
> passenger for one pass ? Thanks.

Dave:

I used to have a street racer '67 Vette with an aluminum headed,
aluminum rodded, 468 cu. in. full roller motor, with a Dominator carb
and using a custom nitrous unit that went 9.82 @ 143.
As far as a track letting you ride as a passenger, that would entirely
depend on the track and probably the specific terms of their insurance.
I would tend to doubt that very many tracks sanctioned by NHRA, or other
large organizations, would allow you to do so. But if you found some
small out of the way track you might be able to talk them into it.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob