(PS3) Gran Turismo HD soon, Gran Turismo 5 later

Old August 26th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid

Default (PS3) Gran Turismo HD soon, Gran Turismo 5 later

Gran Turismo HD will be released for PlayStation3 near launch. it is
basicly GT4 in 1080p
at 60 frames per second. Polyphony hopes to complete the true
next-gen GT5 by 2007, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than Nov-Dec
2007, and probably will be pushed into 2008, concidering they want GT5
to have 100 times the detail of GT4.

Gran Turismo HD forerunner to new next-gen GT

Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi tells Famitsu that PS3 game is
merely a taste of what's to come; title finalized.
By Walt Wyman, GameSpot
Posted Aug 25, 2006 2:14 pm PT

Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi spoke about the next Gran
Turismo title in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. There were two
points of interest in the article. First, the parenthetical "working
title" has been dropped from the name, implying that Gran Turismo HD is
indeed the final title. Second, while Yamauchi lavished praise on the
game's high-definition graphics, he stated that the game was not the
true next-gen heir to the popular racing series' crown.

In the article, Yamauchi called Gran Turismo HD a "port" of the data
from Gran Turismo 4, upgraded to take advantage of the PlayStation 3's
graphical capabilities. He also said it is "a step in the process of
developing a next-generation GT game."

Yamauchi also implied that development on that next-gen game is already
under way, albeit at an early stage. "We are working on a version of GT
that supports the full PS3 specification," Yamauchi said, adding, "but
in this transitional version, I think you'll get a taste of the
potential that next generation games hold."

Yamauchi said the idea for the game actually came from an unlikely
source, the Photo Mode in GT4, which allowed players to take
high-resolution stills. "I thought it would be incredible to see these
stills animated in real time," he said. Running at 60 frames per second
in 1920x1080p resolution, Gran Turismo HD supports the very highest
resolutions available to Japan's newest HD televisions, according to
Famitsu.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6156575.html

GT:HD will be playable at TGS, NOT GT5

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/ps3/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116267

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728269p1.html

"Gran Turismo Series" as being set for display at the Tokyo Game Show.
The site seems to definitely be refering to the actual next Gran
Turismo retail product, as it lists a release date and price (both
TBA). However, the screens shown at the site are from Gran Turismo HD,
an E3-only demo that Polyphony prepared for the May show, and are
marked as such. Will we get actual hands-on time with the true next
generation GT at TGS, or will Sony give Japanese players a chance at GT
HD?

Old August 26th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
G-man422[_4_]

GT HD is just a better looking GT4? Well, i'll wait for GT5.

--
G-man422
G-man422's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=351285

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old August 26th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Android

"AirRaid" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Gran Turismo HD will be released for PlayStation3 near launch. it is
> basicly GT4 in 1080p
> at 60 frames per second. Polyphony hopes to complete the true
> next-gen GT5 by 2007, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than Nov-Dec
> 2007, and probably will be pushed into 2008, concidering they want GT5
> to have 100 times the detail of GT4.

[SNIP]

Considering Polyphony's history, try 2009...without Internet multiplayer.
I'm still waiting for PSP Gran Turismo...the name of the game on the label
used to show off the first UMD, but Polyphony's Motor Toon GP for PSP would
be nice also!

Old August 26th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
furious gibbon

AirRaid wrote:
> Gran Turismo HD will be released for PlayStation3 near launch. it is
> basicly GT4 in 1080p
> at 60 frames per second. Polyphony hopes to complete the true
> next-gen GT5 by 2007, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than Nov-Dec
> 2007, and probably will be pushed into 2008, concidering they want GT5
> to have 100 times the detail of GT4.

that is ****... i borrowed a ps2 off a guy at work, with GT4, and
seriously the best thing about it was just watching the cars spin in the
showroom... the models are SO good, but the racing was ****.. i didn't
get a chance to hook my logitech momo up to it but i probably was better
off not trying.. twitchy controls, over-forgiving handling and quite
boring overall, with the most ridiculously long and drawn out menus i
have ever seen... the 'ring was good but when i can jump in first go
with a control pad and complete a clean lap without trying, that is
WRONG.. that track should punish me

i went and played forza and actually realised that apart from the
pitiful car models it actually felt better in every respect... but still
not good enough...

rfactor for PC is the king of driving sims, nothing is going to top that
for a while.. if i'm gonna sit infront of a console driver it's gonna be
outrun2006
Old August 27th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3

I wonder if they'll bother to fix the bogus chassis settings so you can
actually tune the car's handling like in GT3.

I loaned (gave?) my GT4 to my nephew and I really haven't missed it.

Marty

Old August 27th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Lister

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:18:41 GMT, Paul Heslop

>> I wonder if they'll bother to fix the bogus chassis settings so you can
>> actually tune the car's handling like in GT3.
>>
>> I loaned (gave?) my GT4 to my nephew and I really haven't missed it.
>>
>> Marty
>>

>I loaned mine to my son, I would rather play Forza I think, or any of
>the recent Need for Speeds

Gah, "loan" is not a verb </pedant>
Old August 27th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Paul Heslop

Lister wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:18:41 GMT, Paul Heslop
> > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I wonder if they'll bother to fix the bogus chassis settings so you can
> >> actually tune the car's handling like in GT3.
> >>
> >> I loaned (gave?) my GT4 to my nephew and I really haven't missed it.
> >>
> >> Marty
> >>

> >I loaned mine to my son, I would rather play Forza I think, or any of
> >the recent Need for Speeds

> Gah, "loan" is not a verb </pedant>

You say potato and I say spud :O)
--
Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
Stop and Look
Old August 27th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
SHALLOWTALBY

Android wrote:
> "AirRaid" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Gran Turismo HD will be released for PlayStation3 near launch. it is
> > basicly GT4 in 1080p
> > at 60 frames per second. Polyphony hopes to complete the true
> > next-gen GT5 by 2007, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than Nov-Dec
> > 2007, and probably will be pushed into 2008, concidering they want GT5
> > to have 100 times the detail of GT4.

> [SNIP]
>
> Considering Polyphony's history, try 2009...without Internet multiplayer.
> I'm still waiting for PSP Gran Turismo...the name of the game on the label
> used to show off the first UMD, but Polyphony's Motor Toon GP for PSP would
> be nice also!

Yep, this was the title that made me loose all faith in what Sony say
about anything.
I doubt we will see the game much before late 2008 even then a lot of
the promised features (whose betting of car damage will not feature)
will never appear on the game. I also thought they wasted too much time
including stupid hatchbacks and cars from 1880. They left out the most
successful racing saloons from history and instead threw in cars that
no one cares about (unless your father owned one when you were 12 -
Where the purple Marina then?). I am REALLY considering by an XBOX 360
sad though that is and I will have to cancel my Usenet membership
because all the postings in the XBOX camp are written by Jeremy
Clarkson wannabee's- POWER-WITH BIG GUNS!

SHALLOW

Old August 27th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
SHALLOWTALBY