GTR2

Old October 8th 05, 03:37 PM
tango

Default GTR2

its official, gtr2 is in development )
http://www.blimeygames.com/games.php

Old October 9th 05, 12:24 AM
Byron Forbes

I'm surprised anyone is even interested in GTL or GTR2 - they are no
more than mods for rFactor and not even as good!

0...

Old October 9th 05, 12:55 AM
DJRJR

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
> I'm surprised anyone is even interested in GTL or GTR2 - they are no
> more than mods for rFactor and not even as good!
>

> "tango" > wrote in message
> 0...
>> its official, gtr2 is in development )
>> http://www.blimeygames.com/games.php

It's becoming another EA sports thing for ps2, they put out a new game every
year just to sell more games.. Why not make an update to the old one and get
more people to buy it that way..

Old October 9th 05, 01:14 AM
Chad Rogers

I would argue that point for ever. I eagerly am waiting for GTL and GTR2, I
bought rFactor on the first day and stopped playing it weeks ago. I just
can't get into the "fake" cars and tracks( I know there are 2 tracks out
there and the 3000 mod). GTR as well as GTL has 25 times the content and
IMHO feels much more like "real" racing to me. Just one man's opinion and I
am not taking sides, I support those that support sim racing and ISI
obviously does that. Just not my cup of tea with rFactor.

Chad

Old October 9th 05, 02:29 AM
RodP

In article <4348552f$0$13315$61c65585@un-2park-reader-
01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
Byron Forbes says...

> I'm surprised anyone is even interested in GTL or GTR2 - they are no
> more than mods for rFactor and not even as good!

I'm interested. They're more than just a mod to me.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old October 9th 05, 07:20 PM
JML

Have you ever driven a racing car and know how it feels and acts? Maybe your
interest is more in arcade type of racing games than simulator type. I
played rFactor demo for some time and didnt find anything why I should buy
it. GTR has the real tracks, cars and quite nice overall feeling, the
environment is as close as current games can get, but unfortunately, as in
every game, it lacks the movement. Its difficult to argue about games, one
looks for great graphic another driving feeling. For me graphic is of course
part of a good game, but not as important as what is the driving feeling.

"Byron Forbes" > kirjoitti

Old October 10th 05, 03:11 AM
Bruce

Ditto.
You have expressed my feelings precisely.

Bruce

Old October 11th 05, 02:47 AM
Byron Forbes

How would you feel if a mod for rFactor was released that had all of the
GTL cars, many of the tracks and drove better than GTL after you forked out
for GTL? Or any mod for that matter. Do you really believe GTL will be as
good as rFactor in 6 months? Or even 2 months? I'd say GTL would be lucky to
be as good as rFactor even now!

.au...

Old October 11th 05, 02:47 AM
Byron Forbes

GTR is **** poor for online league racing - or it was last time I looked
and it definantly is stuffed out of the box.

Old October 11th 05, 02:47 AM
Byron Forbes

Well, there is no doubt that real life tracks and cars have a definate
novelty value. GPL is an excellent example - it conveyed the awesome tracks
and cars of the day brilliantly. It was also, more importantly, a complete
game and in no way alpha or beta code.

As far as GTL and GTR2 goes, first of all Simbin took us all for a ride.
Once bitten........................

Secondly, the novelty of real life stuff soon disappears and all that
remains is either a great simming experience or an unsatisfying, frustrating
experience eg. GTR. rFactor has plenty to keep me going as it is for at
least 6 months, but the reality is that in the next 6 months there will be a
ton of tracks and mods relesed for it. Even taking my dislike for Simbin out
of the equation, I see no reason to fork out for GTL or GTR2 when rFactor
will no doubt dish up the same and in a proven format as well. It just seems
like a waste of money to me unless the cars in GTL hold a VERY special place
in your heart.

The above is the attitude of someone only interested in online league
racing ie a proper simmer! LOL