Taking a new Vette for a 'test drive' at a Dealership

Old July 23rd 05, 08:58 PM
markansas859

yeah, like a guy I used to work with, he went into a chrysler dealer wanting
to buy a convertible for his wife....

salesman looked him over, and assumed NO SALE

he went 30 miles down the road, and bought two chrysler convertibles.......
one for him, one for wife

then he and wife drove to first dealership, and showed the idiot salesman
there the commission he lost........

of course, I did the insurance.... this was back in the late 1980's,

fun guy, eventually I went to work for him when I got tired of insurance

Old July 23rd 05, 11:55 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

'he went 30 miles down the road, and bought two chrysler
convertibles....... one for him, one for wife
then he and wife drove to first dealership, and showed the idiot
salesman there the commission he lost........'

Reply: Im glad he did that. Ill bet that Salesman learned a lesson .

Old July 25th 05, 04:52 AM
eslurf

>>>Reply: Im glad he did that. Ill bet that Salesman learned a lesson Damned right !<<<

I went to Courtesy Chevrolet 2 weeks ago. (San Jose).
Wonder why the hell they are called "courtesy", well I got no courtesy.
And mind you, there were 4 guys in white shirts just sitting there.
while I was walking around the corvettes for 20 minutes checking them
from every angle. I want my corvette just a certain way (C5-98-01, Dark
Blue, Hardtop with less than 50k miles and Under 24k, I have seen these
around, so dont tell me they dont exist...)
I have about 5k saved for a downpayment.
But since they left me baking in the sun for 20 minutes, I walked back
to my Souped Up SUV and drove off.. I Don't Plan on Buying one from
them when the time comes. I'd rather drive all the way to another
dealership, or buy from an Individual.

Old July 25th 05, 12:17 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

'I want my corvette just a certain way (C5-98-01, Dark Blue, Hardtop
with less than 50k miles and Under 24k, I have seen these around, so
dont tell me they dont exist...) '

Reply: Here in Illinois, Im waiting for a 2001 ZO6 to fall below $25 k
They are above $30 k. still. Ive seen a few newspaper ads for a 1997
hardtop ,low miles for under $20 k.

Old July 25th 05, 08:46 PM
eslurf

yup, exactly what I was saying.. Plus theyre great value at that
price..
If you can find one from a single owner who has "babied" his car.

Old July 25th 05, 09:21 PM
dave

I dont think id go for a 1997, as i hear there were problems with them.
Ill wait till the Zo6's drop below $25k which should be another 2
years.