Could You Accept This As The 2014 Mustang?

Old June 9th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_2_]

Default Could You Accept This As The 2014 Mustang?

With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
Mustang will look similar to this "guess".

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/

What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?

Patrick

Old June 9th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
tke[_2_]

In article
NoOp > wrote:

> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...renderings-par
> t-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> Patrick

Looks like a camaro that someone tried to turn into a mustang.
Hate it. It's awful. Total fail.
Old June 10th 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

On 06/09/2011 03:22 PM, NoOp wrote:
> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> Patrick

What is that, a Mustaro?
Old June 10th 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-06-09, NoOp > wrote:
> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?

I think you can buy that car now... it's called "Camaro".

It looks like someone grafted mustang stuff on to a camaro. Thankfully
it's just some media people's idea...

Old June 10th 11, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"NoOp" > wrote in message
> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> Patrick

A refresh of the Giugiaro concept? I agree with others that it's way too
Camaroid, but if Ford built it, I'm sure it would grow on me. Today, though,
I'd say pass.

dwight

Old June 10th 11, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 10, 7:35*am, "dwight" > wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message

> > With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> > something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> > Mustang will look similar to this "guess".

> >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-mustang-rende...

> > What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?

> A refresh of the Giugiaro concept? I agree with others that it's way too
> Camaroid, but if Ford built it, I'm sure it would grow on me. Today, though,
> I'd say pass.

What's up Dwight?

I agree too it looks a little too much like the current Camaro -- the
windshield pillars, the bottom rocker panel before the rear tires,
hood scoop, and the rear haunches. But I think the headlights, grill
and/front fascia look sharp as do the bowed-out fenders around the
tires.

Personally, I'd like to see someone do a retro-Fox design. :-)

Patrick

Old June 10th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

On 06/10/2011 08:38 AM, NoOp wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to see someone do a retro-Fox design. :-)
>
> Patrick

God I hope not, my 86 always looked like a sedan to me, it was even
registered as such.

Not a fan of the post and sail panels, at least the later model B
pillars are hidden inside the car.

Old June 10th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 6/9/2011 17:22, NoOp wrote:
> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> Patrick

Down, looks too much like a Camaro
Old June 11th 11, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"NoOp" > wrote in message
> On Jun 10, 7:35 am, "dwight" > wrote:
>> "NoOp" > wrote in message

>> > With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
>> > something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
>> > Mustang will look similar to this "guess".

>> >http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-mustang-rende...

>> > What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?

>> A refresh of the Giugiaro concept? I agree with others that it's way too
>> Camaroid, but if Ford built it, I'm sure it would grow on me. Today,
>> though,
>> I'd say pass.

> What's up Dwight?

Not much. Just coming to the end of a week off, in which I did almost
nothing. Lots of naps. A little yardwork, a romp through SE Pennsylvania on
Thursday in the GT with the top down, until the temperature climbed all the
way up to unbearable. Otherwise, I just hang out in the back yard taking
endless photos of birds and flowers. I need a life.

> I agree too it looks a little too much like the current Camaro -- the
> windshield pillars, the bottom rocker panel before the rear tires,
> hood scoop, and the rear haunches. But I think the headlights, grill
> and/front fascia look sharp as do the bowed-out fenders around the
> tires.
>
> Personally, I'd like to see someone do a retro-Fox design. :-)
>
> Patrick

The area of the front that's centered around the grille would be the part
you like, since it looks like a Photoshop job of the Mustang front end
grafted onto a Camaro.

The Mustang has been stuck in a rut, although it's a great rut to be stuck
in. Ford seems to insist on those "styling cues" taken from the '64 through
'68 models, and I'm okay with that. There are moments when I'd like to see a
completely new redesign of the Mustang, but that might be too big of a
gamble for Ford to take with this important badge.

We're seeing a lot of retro looks for a reason. It's what the public is
comfortable with. Let Tesla and other upstarts play with new designs;
everyone else, from Honda to Ferrari to Ford and Chevy, is undergoing a slow
evolution in design, rather than a radical departure.

dwight

Old June 11th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim GM4DHJ / M......

"NoOp" > wrote in message
> With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to
> something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014
> Mustang will look similar to this "guess".
>
> http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...erings-part-i/
>
> What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?
>
> Patrick

that makes my fox mustang look good ........