"Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

Old April 2nd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
JP[_10_]

Default "Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d.../trolltech.gif

Old April 2nd 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Quentin Queerbottom

A hundred hours? Good job rF modders don't charge! Anyway, over priced, imo.

> wrote in message
On Apr 2, 11:15 am, "Quentin Queerbottom"
> wrote:
> Pat, your seat thing is too expensive for what it is.

Given that the bill of materials alone is $1000, and I have a hundred
hours of work in the software it takes to run the thing, what do you
suggest?

I disagree with the "for what it is" part. You haven't been in it.
It rocks. Sadly, most people can't buy one. They can't buy a Frex
seat or an FD301 either.

Pat Dotson

Old April 3rd 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Rat River Cemetary" > wrote in message
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
>> What a bunch of spoilt little children - gimmee gimmee gimmee.
>>
>> A person spends years of sim racing and hours on this particular sim
>> working **** out and you think he SHOULD just give it out to any spoilt
>> little ****ant?
>>
>> **** OFF IDIOTS! (and by the way, this is NOW rude). Go and severly
>> lower the average IQ of some other genre.

> Wow, you guys must be really bored to argue over such a stupid thing.

Yes, well clearly in your neck of the woods (Rat River Cemetary?)
stupidity has been going unchallenged for decades!

Old April 3rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Quentin Queerbottom

"Byron Bend Over Forbes" > wrote rubbish that I've
sniped.

Byron, bend over and touch your toes. This is going to hurt you a lot more
than it hurts me, boy!

Old April 4th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Quentin Queerbottom" > wrote in
message ...

> "Byron Bend Over Forbes" > wrote rubbish that
> I've sniped.
>
> Byron, bend over and touch your toes. This is going to hurt you a lot more
> than it hurts me, boy!

Did you learn that one from one of your many uncles did you?

It really is pitiful to see the type of behavior that common monkeys
default to when they entirely run out of intelligence (assuming they had any
to begin with) - you stupid little witless girl!

Old April 4th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Asgeir Nesoen

Man, I was referring to the statements of Byron, and not to your
specific "dilemma", or explanation of why you did what you did. You had
your perfectly good reasons for not endulging the endless setup cravings
out there, as you explained well enough later in the thread. I have
absolutely no gripe with the content of your posts in this thread.

I just thought Byron was over simplifying things just bit too much when
he referred to the "only intelligent reasons".

I am so tired of people who tries to impose cynicism on other people
when this world is holding up nicely *in spite* of cynicism instead of
*because* of it.

I believe I can say that a "blunt refusal", to use my own words, are not
in the gentleman tradition of the sport, but neither are the endless
demands for it! And I am not to judge what is and what is not in the
gentleman tradition, as there is no obligation in any direction in here.

The total lack of this "gentleman" tradition on this worlds racing
servers, is much more grave, annoying and totally repulsive. I'd rather
see us bash out at each other here and bing gentlemen on the servers
than the other way around.

If nothing else, I tried to explain why it triggered such a harsh
response, namely this gentleman tradition discrepancy of the original
statement.

---A---

Old April 4th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Apr 4, 7:14*am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
> Man, I was referring to the statements of Byron, and not to your
> specific "dilemma"

Thanks for the clarification. I also prefer an gentlemanly approach
to sim racing.

I haven't been heavily into oval sim racing since the NROS/TEN days
with NASCAR 2. What I'm seeing now on the ARCA servers in terms of
driving ettiquette is much improved over those days. There were
always a large percentage of people on TEN who had no concept of car
control. AFAIK or could tell them may have even been driving with
keyboards back then. Now people seem to be in control of their
vehicle, and understand how the whole thing is supposed to work.

Another funny thing is, I don't remember people asking for setups back
in the N2 days at all. Now asking for setups completely commonplace.
I saw someone call the name "setup leeches" the other night It
must be a N2003 thing, which I was never a part of.

One thing to consider is, at least in the karting that I've done,
people are usually pretty secretive about their setups. It's not
unusual to find someone who will tell you what gearing or rear stagger
they are running, but I have never seen or heard someone give away a
complete setup to a direct competitor. I imagine the higher you go in
real racing the more secretive it becomes.

Pat Dotson

Old April 15th 08, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rat River Cemetary

jason moyer wrote:

> Developing your own setups is one of the skills of simracing.

Not necessarily. Some people are good drivers with fast reactions but
not good setup geeks. Just like in RL racing.
Old April 17th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Apr 15, 4:39*am, Rat River Cemetary > wrote:

> Not necessarily. Some people are good drivers with fast reactions but
> not good setup geeks. Just like in RL racing.

In RL racing, a driver who can't provide input into setup changes is
almost completely useless. I can't think of anyone who has been a
successful race driver and a bad test driver.

Old April 21st 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Whitley

On 17 Apr, 00:53, jason moyer > wrote:
> On Apr 15, 4:39*am, Rat River Cemetary > wrote:
>
> > Not necessarily. Some people are good drivers with fast reactions but
> > not good setup geeks. Just like in RL racing.

> In RL racing, a driver who can't provide input into setup changes is
> almost completely useless. *I can't think of anyone who has been a
> successful race driver and a bad test driver.

Jim Clark.