"Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

Old April 1st 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Default "Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing

Quentin Queerbottom wrote:

> "Byron Forbes" wrote in message

>> **** OFF IDIOTS! (and by the way, this is NOW rude). Go and severly
>> lower the average IQ of some other genre.

> Sharing setups makes sim racing more competitive. So go **** your tight
> little virgin anus with a cucumber, you ****!

Steer clear of the salad at Byron's barbecue guys...
Old April 2nd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"rcgldr" > wrote in message
>> Are you saying they "SHOULD" do that and be criticized otherwise.

> Not a reference to the player, but to the more competitive nature
> of the game. I'm not sure what percentage of players are willing
> to share setups and under what circumstances, and how this differs
> from game to game.
>
> Anyway, sorry, I overreacted. Shouldn't judge a game by one player's
> post here.

There are 2 "inteligent" reasons to share setups -

1/ Bragging - I'm so good I can share

2/ To do it privately with a team mate or mates and have ever improving
setups - combined brainpower and man power.

Then there are all the "weird" reasons.

Old April 2nd 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Tony R" > wrote in message
> Quentin Queerbottom wrote:
>>
>> "Byron Forbes" wrote in message

>>> **** OFF IDIOTS! (and by the way, this is NOW rude). Go and severly
>>> lower the average IQ of some other genre.

>> Sharing setups makes sim racing more competitive. So go **** your tight
>> little virgin anus with a cucumber, you ****!

> Steer clear of the salad at Byron's barbecue guys...

LOL - that saves me a reply!

Old April 2nd 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Asgeir Nesoen

Being nice to a fellow racer is not an intelligent reason, then. If that
is the case, then racers have helped each other for ages for no
intelligent reason at all.

If that is intelligence, I'd be happy to be stupid.

Sportsmanship and gentlemanship goes hand in hand, and that is why such
a blunt refusal triggered a harsh response.

-A-

Old April 2nd 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Call me weird, but the term "race", in my opinion, implies competition.
This normally involves "beating" other people - nice for the winner and
utterly ****ed for everyone else!

As far as sportmanship goes, I'd say that someone who can't even handle
being turned down after a setup handout request would probably be a real
dummy spitter after a race loss - no self dicipline or class at all!

Old April 2nd 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Rut rhoh...

Pdot, wow you dare suggest that "teach a man how to fish" is better than
giving him a fish?! How dare you.

Wait, I know what the problem is, you didn't phrase it right... Try it
this way next time...

> wrote in message
<I've heard variations on that phrase hundreds of times over the last
<couple of weeks.

<The answer is no, but here's how to make your own setup faster: (snip)

"The answer is, how about I'll do you one better, here's how you can make
{even my} setup better for you." then give them a teaser setup...

It is all about the marketing, and yours was just too damn close to the new
or OLD testament apparently. or to skip my own religious implications. As
you can see, it is has to be carefully put forward. Just like how they say
the US economy is in a slump, after absolutely NOT ONE, marketing figure to
back up this fact. Despite all that, this last week, Barack Obama
proclaimed "As most experts know, our economy is in a {bold and underline}
RECESSION."

Even though the actual definition of recession is, two consecutive quarters
of negative growth, and we haven't even had one single quarter of negative
growth reported.

See, grasshopper (PDot) you just didn't say it right...

Old April 2nd 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Apr 2, 3:51*am, Asgeir Nesoen > wrote:
> Sportsmanship and gentlemanship goes hand in hand, and that is why such
> a blunt refusal triggered a harsh response.
>
> -A-

You are focusing on one word, and ignoring the other 133 lines of the
post.

Sportsmanship?

I posted this same setup info on the ARCA RSC forum. A guy sent me an
email responding to that post asking if I'd take a look at his setup.
I told him to send it to me. He is apparently running 29.9's at
Nashville with it. I loaded it up and ran a 29.7 on the third lap out
of the pits. It was on the loose side with a hot RR tire, so I added
1/2% nose weight, and ran a 29.6. Added tape and air pressure for a
qual run and ran a 29.58 the first time out. All this took about 10
laps.

His setup is great - maybe better than mine.

Did he need my setup? No. He would be slower with my setup.

Would I have been doing him a favor by handing him my setup? No. He
might have abandoned his setup that is already good.

He needs more seat time, more laps, more attention to driving
technique, and maybe more attention on his control setup.

I worded my post exactly as intended. I hope it's a wake-up call for
some people.

Pat Dotson

Old April 2nd 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Quentin Queerbottom

Pat, your seat thing is too expensive for what it is.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Apr 2, 11:15*am, "Quentin Queerbottom"
> wrote:
> Pat, your seat thing is too expensive for what it is.

Given that the bill of materials alone is $1000, and I have a hundred
hours of work in the software it takes to run the thing, what do you
suggest?

I disagree with the "for what it is" part. You haven't been in it.
It rocks. Sadly, most people can't buy one. They can't buy a Frex
seat or an FD301 either.

Pat Dotson
Old April 2nd 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rat River Cemetary

Byron Forbes wrote:

> What a bunch of spoilt little children - gimmee gimmee gimmee.
>
> A person spends years of sim racing and hours on this particular sim
> working **** out and you think he SHOULD just give it out to any spoilt
> little ****ant?
>
> **** OFF IDIOTS! (and by the way, this is NOW rude). Go and severly
> lower the average IQ of some other genre.

Wow, you guys must be really bored to argue over such a stupid thing.