East coast restorations

Old December 11th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default East coast restorations

I was reading my Jan 08 Hot VW mag at the type 2 nose job and was
looking at the before picture with the caption below that says "there
was no way of pounding all that damage outand keeping it straight with
out the use of body filler.

Well here on the east coast we don't have many rust/dent free split
window buses to cut replacement noses from (most are being restored if
any part is good.

It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
require some filler work it self.

Yes it would be nice to have a bunch of rust/dent free VW parts cars
in junk yards around here to get replacement parts from, but if you
have been keeping up with all the talk its getting harder to find
anything and with out side sources buying everything up we have to
work with what we have.

I think its great they have good parts on the west coast but thats
little help for us in the east.

The last time I tried buying a set of early rust free doors from
someone on the west coast, I sent the money and got nothing in return.
Not saying its always like that some times you get parts that have
been misrepresented.

And its hard to explain to a customer that you spent hours and hours
running around looking for good replacement parts.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto.
Old December 11th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Dec 11, 5:47 am, " > wrote:
> I was reading my Jan 08 Hot VW mag at the type 2 nose job and was
> looking at the before picture with the caption below that says "there
> was no way of pounding all that damage outand keeping it straight with
> out the use of body filler.
>
> Well here on the east coast we don't have many rust/dent free split
> window buses to cut replacement noses from (most are being restored if
> any part is good.
>
> It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
> small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
> of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
> article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
> require some filler work it self.
>
> Yes it would be nice to have a bunch of rust/dent free VW parts cars
> in junk yards around here to get replacement parts from, but if you
> have been keeping up with all the talk its getting harder to find
> anything and with out side sources buying everything up we have to
> work with what we have.
>
> I think its great they have good parts on the west coast but thats
> little help for us in the east.
>
> The last time I tried buying a set of early rust free doors from
> someone on the west coast, I sent the money and got nothing in return.
> Not saying its always like that some times you get parts that have
> been misrepresented.
>
> And its hard to explain to a customer that you spent hours and hours
> running around looking for good replacement parts.
>
> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto.

Bitching about the effort required to find good parts... wow, that's a
new low... not as low as ripping off someone for $9K, but still a new
low.
Old December 11th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Dec 11, 11:29 am, wrote:
> On Dec 11, 5:47 am, " > wrote:
>

> > I was reading my Jan 08 Hot VW mag at the type 2 nose job and was
> > looking at the before picture with the caption below that says "there
> > was no way of pounding all that damage outand keeping it straight with
> > out the use of body filler.

> > Well here on the east coast we don't have many rust/dent free split
> > window buses to cut replacement noses from (most are being restored if
> > any part is good.

> > It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
> > small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
> > of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
> > article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
> > require some filler work it self.

> > Yes it would be nice to have a bunch of rust/dent free VW parts cars
> > in junk yards around here to get replacement parts from, but if you
> > have been keeping up with all the talk its getting harder to find
> > anything and with out side sources buying everything up we have to
> > work with what we have.

> > I think its great they have good parts on the west coast but thats
> > little help for us in the east.

> > The last time I tried buying a set of early rust free doors from
> > someone on the west coast, I sent the money and got nothing in return.
> > Not saying its always like that some times you get parts that have
> > been misrepresented.

> > And its hard to explain to a customer that you spent hours and hours
> > running around looking for good replacement parts.

> > Mario
> > Vintage Werks resto.

> Bitching about the effort required to find good parts... wow, that's a
> new low... not as low as ripping off someone for $9K, but still a new
> low.

It's also hard to explain that you spent 50 hours shooting bondo out
of a hopper on a customers car. You ****ing hack.
Old December 11th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

How many hours does it take to cover a car in bondo shot from a
hopper, you ****ing hack.

Old December 11th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Mario, your wife is a ****ing whore.
Old December 12th 07, 09:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tricky

Scott H wrote:
> > wrote ...
>> Drivel.

> Made ya look.

LOL !
Old December 12th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Dec 12, 5:45 am, "Kirk" <kwalker et ac doht neyt> wrote:
> It is a bummer that parts are getting harder to find. BTW I don't know why
> "lee030805" at msn is but he is now kill listed on my mail reader. What
> kind of garbage! Come on guys! Insulting a guy's wife? And lets keep the
> language clean! I was hacked about the body guy that ripped me off here in
> TX - and he messed up some stuff on my car - but enough is enough!
> KWW
>
> > wrote in message

> > On Dec 11, 5:47 am, " > wrote:
> >> I was reading my Jan 08 Hot VW mag at the type 2 nose job and was
> >> looking at the before picture with the caption below that says "there
> >> was no way of pounding all that damage outand keeping it straight with
> >> out the use of body filler.

> >> Well here on the east coast we don't have many rust/dent free split
> >> window buses to cut replacement noses from (most are being restored if
> >> any part is good.

> >> It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
> >> small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
> >> of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
> >> article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
> >> require some filler work it self.

> >> Yes it would be nice to have a bunch of rust/dent free VW parts cars
> >> in junk yards around here to get replacement parts from, but if you
> >> have been keeping up with all the talk its getting harder to find
> >> anything and with out side sources buying everything up we have to
> >> work with what we have.

> >> I think its great they have good parts on the west coast but thats
> >> little help for us in the east.

> >> The last time I tried buying a set of early rust free doors from
> >> someone on the west coast, I sent the money and got nothing in return.
> >> Not saying its always like that some times you get parts that have
> >> been misrepresented.

> >> And its hard to explain to a customer that you spent hours and hours
> >> running around looking for good replacement parts.

> >> Mario
> >> Vintage Werks resto.

> > Bitching about the effort required to find good parts... wow, that's a
> > new low... not as low as ripping off someone for $9K, but still a new
> > low.

Wow, a Mario nutswinger crybab enters the scene..
Old December 13th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>
> Wow, a Mario nutswinger crybab enters the scene..

i didn't see any nutswinging or crying in that post...However, i needed
waders to read yours...

Old December 13th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

> wrote in message

It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
require some filler work it self.

If you are a so-called experianced [what is this word???] body man, then why
did you shovel at least a gallon of Bondo on one corner of Joans bug??

Old December 13th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

And p-mailing me this bull**** is wrong:
"1 I didn't do the filler work but understand that area was wrinkled and
fixed prior"

YOU were the contracter for that so-called $9K 'restoration'.
YOU supposedly subcontracted a mudslinger to shovel a gallon of Bondo.
YOU took $9k from Joan for the 'work'.
YOU are the responsible person for the job.
YOU are an ignorant CROOK.

What part of this don't you understand??

"Karl" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>
> It seems like an experianced body man with a stinger stud gun and a
> small heating torch could hyave fixed that area with just a skim coat
> of filler. If you look at the large picture in the beginning of the
> article it looks like the replacement panel has dents that will
> require some filler work it self.

> If you are a so-called experianced [what is this word???] body man, then

why
> did you shovel at least a gallon of Bondo on one corner of Joans bug??

East Coast USA -VW Event Info 2007 Charlie R. VW air cooled 4 January 26th 07 12:11 AM
East Coast USA -VW Event Info 2007 Charlie R. VW water cooled 4 January 26th 07 12:11 AM
COUPLE EAST COAST VIDZ Jeff Hiltz Jeep 1 September 23rd 06 01:30 AM
East coast Canada - road trip SteveBrady Jeep 4 March 22nd 05 12:25 PM
Using a '98 California Mustang GT on the east coast Jimmy B Ford Mustang 3 January 28th 05 02:17 AM