I'm outta here

Old November 6th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Default I'm outta here

Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer going to waste
my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.

--
---
Matt Macchiarolo

From a recent morning-show news broadcast:
"Coming up, Al Gore says that our democracy is being ruined by television,
which turns issues into entertainment! But first, here's Brad Pitt and
Angelina Jolie walking down the red carpet at Cannes: our exclusive
interview!"

Old November 6th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_20_]

We have unseasonably warm weather in the San Juans now, if you are in
the mood for some Jeeping instead. No one knows how long it will
last...

Cheers,

Earle

Old November 6th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mark E. Bye

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:21:26 -0500, "Matt Macchiarolo"
> wrote:

>Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer going to waste
>my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.

I hear ya. This used to be a great place to get and share information
about our favorite vehicles, and I used to check in at least daily.
But for months now, it has deteriorated into a playpen for a bunch of
****ing 2 year olds.

Maybe we can check back in a few years once everyone has reached
puberty.

Mark

'87 Cherokee Pioneer
'93 Cherokee Sport
'98 Wrangler TJ
'98 Cherokee Classic
Old November 6th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:

> Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer
> going to waste my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.

I hate to see someone leave, it just means the trolls have won....

Matt, please don't take this the wrong way but your problem is NOT the
trolls, etc. your problem with the group is Outlook Express not being
able to properly killfile and/or score file.

There ARE newsreaders that have the ability to completely clean up this
group, I use Xnews, there are others and some of the best ones are free
if you'd like to experiment.

You can go to news.software.readers and find out how to set up a
scorefile that will kill all the crap in this group once you get a
newsreader that will allow scoring.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old November 6th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Nov 6, 7:21 am, "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
> Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer going to waste
> my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.
>
> --
> ---
> Matt Macchiarolo
> mlmacchiarolo at comcast dot net
>
> From a recent morning-show news broadcast:
> "Coming up, Al Gore says that our democracy is being ruined by television,
> which turns issues into entertainment! But first, here's Brad Pitt and
> Angelina Jolie walking down the red carpet at Cannes: our exclusive
> interview!"

Same here, hate to see someone leave. I view the discussions and post
via google groups so I donīt get emails. This way the trolls don't
bother me at all, I just read posts by names I recognize.

Old November 6th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Andy

"nrs" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 6, 7:21 am, "Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
> Since this group has been hijacked beyond hope, I'm no longer going to
> waste
> my time with it. It's been a fun seven years.
>
> --
> ---
> Matt Macchiarolo
> mlmacchiarolo at comcast dot net
>
> From a recent morning-show news broadcast:
> "Coming up, Al Gore says that our democracy is being ruined by television,
> which turns issues into entertainment! But first, here's Brad Pitt and
> Angelina Jolie walking down the red carpet at Cannes: our exclusive
> interview!"

Same here, hate to see someone leave. I view the discussions and post
via google groups so I donīt get emails. This way the trolls don't
bother me at all, I just read posts by names I recognize.

I'm been gone for a year. Come back and it's still the same. I loved this
news site - all kinds of info. Now I'm on forums - not so good.

Bye

Old November 6th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

I use outlook, never bothered to add these idiots to blocked list, but
just did it, wow, what a difference in the looks of this group, almost every
posting is from a different person instead of 25 each from 3 people.

oups.com...

Old November 6th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

No, I have my filters & killfiles set and I don't see the tantrums either.
It's just that for the most part there isn't as much meaningful content, and
the hijackers have pretty much ruined this group for anyone on the outside
looking in. Imagine if you just came to this group in the last few months
and saw all this crap, would you want to hang around? Of course not. One of
the great things about our sport is being able to share, and to be honest I
would be embarrassed to recommend this group to someone new, knowing the
****storm it has become.

Maybe I'll check in once in a while and see if things have improved, but for
now I'll stay in alt.trucks.ford and ramjaw.org.

Hats off to you guys & gals who plan to ride out the storm.

84...

Old November 6th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:

> Maybe I'll check in once in a while and see if things have
> improved, but for now I'll stay in alt.trucks.ford and ramjaw.org.
>
> Hats off to you guys & gals who plan to ride out the storm.

OK, I agree with all you say but it still seems to me like handing Bill
a victory. I'll just remain and periodically insult his lack of
intellect, he sees my posts and knows he can't reply so it's kind of
fun..... It would be a bit unfair but consider he's single handedly
ruined a good newsgroup and driven off some, if not most, of the better
regulars he deserves any irritation I can give him!

Old November 7th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Bob Mann

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:01:53 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'll check in once in a while and see if things have
>> improved, but for now I'll stay in alt.trucks.ford and ramjaw.org.
>>
>> Hats off to you guys & gals who plan to ride out the storm.

>OK, I agree with all you say but it still seems to me like handing Bill
>a victory. I'll just remain and periodically insult his lack of
>intellect, he sees my posts and knows he can't reply so it's kind of
>fun..... It would be a bit unfair but consider he's single handedly
>ruined a good newsgroup and driven off some, if not most, of the better
>regulars he deserves any irritation I can give him!

The low point for me, and I've only been here a couple of weeks (but
on usenet since 95) was the hijacking of the Remebrance Day thread but
a person who claims to be a gung ho supporter of the armed forces.

Frankly, without the abuse, this group is all but dead.
It might come back if the abuse stopped but so many have moved on,
much like a number of other groups.

Web based forums (fora?) have taken over, much as I dislike that
format, and it seems unlikely to be reversed.
--
Bob Mann

Sex is like air; it's not important unless you
aren't getting any