Want to add new GM EasyKey (corvette) to a 56 ford hot rod

Old September 12th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Want to add new GM EasyKey (corvette) to a 56 ford hot rod

Where to start. I am having a 56 ford truck built using a 94 LT1 with
4L60e from a wrecked 94 corvette. I have all the original corvette
wiring and ecm. I would like to add the new GM easykey system that
allows you to open the doors automatically by just coming close to the
car and then starting it once you are inside without a key just
pushing a button. Similar systems are in Mercedes, have been in
Cadillacs and corvettes since 95 and have justcome out in Lexus and
toyotas. I have called Siemens VDO who makes the system for GM and
they only want to talk to OEM companies. Does anyone know where I can
begin looking for a schematic that tells me if it can be hooked up on
my truck as a stand alone system?. I am thinking it must just be a
bunch of short range antennas and some relays to activate starter and
electric door locks. Once I find out how to make it work I will go to
salvage to get parts from newer corvettes or cadillacs. Anyone have
any ideas or access to wiring diagrams?

Old September 12th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

wrote:
> Where to start. I am having a 56 ford truck built using a 94 LT1 with
> 4L60e from a wrecked 94 corvette. I have all the original corvette
> wiring and ecm. I would like to add the new GM easykey system that
> allows you to open the doors automatically by just coming close to the
> car and then starting it once you are inside without a key just
> pushing a button. Similar systems are in Mercedes, have been in
> Cadillacs and corvettes since 95 and have justcome out in Lexus and
> toyotas. I have called Siemens VDO who makes the system for GM and
> they only want to talk to OEM companies. Does anyone know where I can
> begin looking for a schematic that tells me if it can be hooked up on
> my truck as a stand alone system?. I am thinking it must just be a
> bunch of short range antennas and some relays to activate starter and
> electric door locks. Once I find out how to make it work I will go to
> salvage to get parts from newer corvettes or cadillacs. Anyone have
> any ideas or access to wiring diagrams?

It works just like the RF ID tags used in stores to lower theft. Two
small antennas send out a signal pulse. The RF tag in the fob picks that
up and sends the signal back to the BCM. The BCM compares the codes and
lets the system operate the locks. Then when you push the button it
triggers the same items as the key switch.

Not likely usable as a stand alone using factory parts since they use
the data buss to talk between the computer, BCM and the control parts.
You would need the entire system from an equipped vehicle and harness.

--
Steve W.