Programming an Key

Old September 11th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Programming an Key

I reasonally purchase a new remote key for my 2002 Volkswagon Beetle
but this is the kicker the Dealership wanted to charge me for to
program it my vehicle.......My question is there any way or site you
can go to to get my remote key program myself?

Old September 12th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Volkswagon Man

On Sep 11, 6:50 pm, Jesse > wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:01:07 -0700, wrote:
> >I reasonally purchase a new remote key for my 2002 Volkswagon Beetle
> >but this is the kicker the Dealership wanted to charge me for to
> >program it my vehicle.......My question is there any way or site you
> >can go to to get my remote key program myself?

> Yes, it's covered in your owners manual, easy. jesse

THANKS JESSE IT DID WORK BUT THE ONLY THING IS THAT THE VW WON'T STAY
RUNNING OFF THE NEW KEY........ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS AS FAR
AS UNLOCKING THE VEHICLE. DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO
PROGRAM IT TO KEEP MY VOLKWAGEN BEETLE RUNNING?

Old September 12th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jesse

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:41:25 -0700, Volkswagon Man
> wrote:

>On Sep 11, 6:50 pm, Jesse > wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:01:07 -0700, wrote:
>> >I reasonally purchase a new remote key for my 2002 Volkswagon Beetle
>> >but this is the kicker the Dealership wanted to charge me for to
>> >program it my vehicle.......My question is there any way or site you
>> >can go to to get my remote key program myself?

>> Yes, it's covered in your owners manual, easy. jesse

>THANKS JESSE IT DID WORK BUT THE ONLY THING IS THAT THE VW WON'T STAY
>RUNNING OFF THE NEW KEY........ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS AS FAR
>AS UNLOCKING THE VEHICLE. DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO
>PROGRAM IT TO KEEP MY VOLKWAGEN BEETLE RUNNING?

Try one of the VW forums, there are some very knolegable people there.

Programming Key HELP! ggslash BMW 2 August 20th 06 03:36 PM
new key programming problems toxicated101 Jeep 16 July 26th 06 11:02 AM
peugeot 406 key programming brian h via CarKB.com Technology 0 January 31st 06 01:21 AM
obc programming Erik Metselaar BMW 7 July 1st 05 12:44 PM
Key Remote programming [email protected] Honda 2 June 2nd 05 01:25 AM