chapest in europe

Old June 4th 04, 01:34 PM
Simon Bagola

Default chapest in europe

Hi guys!

I live in Slovenia and, mine country is since the 1st of May a part of
EU, and us Slowenians is given opportunity to buy vehicles etc. also
in other parts of Europe.

So, have you any information about price relations of ALFA cars in
Europe.

For example, i'm interested in buying a new ALFA ROMEO GT JTD or
2,0...

In our country there is a information around, that the best prices are
in Denmark...

Thanks, bye!
Old June 5th 04, 12:27 AM
MarkK

"Simon Bagola" > wrote in message
> Hi guys!
>
> I live in Slovenia and, mine country is since the 1st of May a part of
> EU, and us Slowenians is given opportunity to buy vehicles etc. also
> in other parts of Europe.
>
> So, have you any information about price relations of ALFA cars in
> Europe.
>
> For example, i'm interested in buying a new ALFA ROMEO GT JTD or
> 2,0...
>
> In our country there is a information around, that the best prices are
> in Denmark...

Yes, Denmark, followed by the Netherlands. They are small countries with
high taxes, hence the manufacturers cross-subsidise to keep the
tax-inclusive price bearable.

Importing used to be popular here in the UK, but now the Euro is stronger it
has become less attractive. The Tolar seems to be in long term decline
against the Euro, so you'd better move fast! Unless you're paid in Euros, of
course.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/m5?s=SIT&t=EUR&a=1&c=3

A bit off-topic, but what has been the impact of joining the EU? Have a lot
of people left for jobs in Austria, Germany & Italy? Have people from
neighbouring countries started buying more property in Slovenia? Is there
more investment?

Mark

Old June 5th 04, 11:18 PM
Mircea Stoica

"Simon Bagola" wrote
> Hi guys!
>
> I live in Slovenia and, mine country is since the 1st of May a part of
> EU, and us Slowenians is given opportunity to buy vehicles etc. also
> in other parts of Europe.
>
> So, have you any information about price relations of ALFA cars in
> Europe.
>
> For example, i'm interested in buying a new ALFA ROMEO GT JTD or
> 2,0...
>
> In our country there is a information around, that the best prices are
> in Denmark...
>
> Thanks, bye!

Danmark. I bought my Selespeed there in 2000 after a thorough price search
across Europe.
But, you may need to hurry, I hear rumours that price may soon equalize
between countries.

You may know that EU keeps statistics regarding car prices. These are
public, on the internet (an EU-site someplace), I used it back in 2000, but
unfortunately, I can't find the url. Try google.
Or, maybe someone else has it.

Stoica
Selespeed 2000

Old June 6th 04, 08:33 PM
Nicolai

Simon Bagola > wrote in message >. ..
> For example, i'm interested in buying a new ALFA ROMEO GT JTD or
> 2,0...
>
> In our country there is a information around, that the best prices are
> in Denmark...

Hmm, strange, the GT JTD isn't on the danish price list (prices with taxes):

http://www.alfa-romeo.dk/pdf/Prisliste_alfa.pdf

--
Nicolai

www.nk-h.dk
Old June 6th 04, 09:32 PM
Simon Bagola

Hi mark!
there hasn't been any imact or something like it sinse we joined EU.
Slovenia always had a great connections and business cooperation with
EU (app. 75% of export is into EU countries). For now, there hasn't
been any migration into neighbour countries, at least will be the same
for coming 7 years (neighbour countries restrictions - sime kind of a
agreement). But there was an push forward related buying property by
foreign citizens or companies- nothing extreem, but there is an
effect. Generaly - nothing dramatic, because Slovenia is already now
on higher level of GDP/per capita as Greece or Portugal...

Bye

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:27:01 +0100, "MarkK" >
wrote:

.. .