GM Work Force Reduction

Old March 29th 06, 02:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default GM Work Force Reduction

I hope that the current layoffs at GM include everyone that had anything to
do with the optispark design.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 29th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

And the Aztec.

link.net...

Old March 29th 06, 09:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

no such luck, I'm guessing that 99% of the layoffs will be the poor
working stiffs and blue collar workers, as usual. they won't even get a
golden handshake, but the remaining 1 % might.

Old March 29th 06, 04:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Yes, the American way of doing business. Sales are down, we are losing
money, the cars perform poorly, they are unreliable, no one wants our cars,
well,,,, let's lay off the guys who assemble them, not the guys who designs
them, styles them, prices them, and dictates what they will be.

My dad worked at a steel mill. When they were having the problems U.S. steel
mills were having, the company brought in efficiency experts.

Recommendations: Lay off 20% of management, increase work force 10%.

Action: Lay off 10% of workforce, increase management 5%.

Since that didn't work, they brought in another efficiency expert.

Guess what they did. Same thing.

oups.com...

Old March 29th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"E_Tar" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> no such luck, I'm guessing that 99% of the layoffs will
> be the poor
> working stiffs and blue collar workers, as usual. they
> won't even get a
> golden handshake, but the remaining 1 % might.

I understand that most (that are vested) should get some
type buy-out offer.
Least that's what I was told by a GM employee with 35 years
with GM.
--
"Key"

Old March 29th 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Yes, the American way of doing business. Sales are down,
> we are losing money, the cars perform poorly, they are
> unreliable, no one wants our cars, well,,,, let's lay off
> the guys who assemble them, not the guys who designs them,
> styles them, prices them, and dictates what they will be.
>
> My dad worked at a steel mill. When they were having the
> problems U.S. steel mills were having, the company brought
> in efficiency experts.
>
> Recommendations: Lay off 20% of management, increase work
> force 10%.
>
> Action: Lay off 10% of workforce, increase management 5%.
>
> Since that didn't work, they brought in another efficiency
> expert.
>
> Guess what they did. Same thing.

kinda like congress be able to vote in their own benefits
:-)

--
"Key"

Old March 30th 06, 12:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

yeah, just like the government.. damn lobbyists !
the meek shall inherit nothing, the wolves everything...