Speedtraps on the net

Old March 26th 06, 03:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Speedtraps on the net

Here is an interesting article on speed traps in Missouri.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/...eeding_tickets

And here is a main site
http://www.speedtrap.org/

I've been caught in my share over the years.

Old March 26th 06, 04:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Here is an interesting article on speed traps in Missouri.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/...eeding_tickets
>
> And here is a main site
> http://www.speedtrap.org/
>
> I've been caught in my share over the years.

The only speed traps I've ever been caught in were in Bonneville (Al.
I think, it was 1960) by a cop driving a black a white 4 dr. Corvair.
The only light in town was red and green, supposed to go both red and
green to tell you it was changing. It went from green to red while I
was coming into the intersection. By the way, he was the judge also in
a little out house beside the road.

The other one wore a black leather mini skirt, man was she up to speed
on everything.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 26th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Dad wrote:
> "Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>> Here is an interesting article on speed traps in Missouri.
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/...eeding_tickets
>>
>> And here is a main site
>> http://www.speedtrap.org/
>>
>> I've been caught in my share over the years.

> The only speed traps I've ever been caught in were in Bonneville (Al.
> I think, it was 1960) by a cop driving a black a white 4 dr. Corvair.
> The only light in town was red and green, supposed to go both red and
> green to tell you it was changing. It went from green to red while I
> was coming into the intersection. By the way, he was the judge also in
> a little out house beside the road.
>
> The other one wore a black leather mini skirt, man was she up to speed
> on everything.

You haven't done it all until you've had one of SoCal's photo-monitored
intersections light up. I coasted into one on the yellow and the guy
behind me entered on the red, triggering it. Seventeen dozen strobe
lights went off to foto the front & the rear of the car along with the
driver's face. These things do well for the city (and for the
commercial outfit that operates them.)

Worst speed trap memory was in 1954 in Georgia. IIRC, on Rt.17. Came
around a narrow curve on the north end of town, the speed limit signs
were about 50ft apart and the cop car was was poised right beside the
"25" sign. Stood "trial" in the back room of a small bar--didn't like
being called "boy." The fine was $ 20. Only had $12 in cash & a Texaco
credit card. The "court" settled for $ 10. Judge & cop then took me to
the local Amoco station where I got to pay for filling up the tanks of
four cars (the cop car, the bartender's Lincoln (aka "judge"), the gas
station guy's car & mine). Gas price had suddenly gone up to a dollar a
gallon just before I arrived. Surcharge for having the "wrong" credit
card was an extra five bucks. While my car was being filled, the cop
drained the Lincoln back into the underground tank.

--
…PJ
’89 HookerCar, ’02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe
Old March 26th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"PJ" > wrote in message
> Dad wrote:
>> "Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
>> hlink.net...
>>> Here is an interesting article on speed traps in Missouri.
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060325/...eeding_tickets
>>>
>>> And here is a main site
>>> http://www.speedtrap.org/
>>>
>>> I've been caught in my share over the years.

>> The only speed traps I've ever been caught in were in Bonneville
>> (Al. I think, it was 1960) by a cop driving a black a white 4 dr.
>> Corvair. The only light in town was red and green, supposed to go
>> both red and green to tell you it was changing. It went from green
>> to red while I was coming into the intersection. By the way, he was
>> the judge also in a little out house beside the road.
>>
>> The other one wore a black leather mini skirt, man was she up to
>> speed on everything.
>>

> You haven't done it all until you've had one of SoCal's
> photo-monitored intersections light up. I coasted into one on the
> yellow and the guy behind me entered on the red, triggering it.
> Seventeen dozen strobe lights went off to foto the front & the rear
> of the car along with the driver's face. These things do well for
> the city (and for the commercial outfit that operates them.)
>
> Worst speed trap memory was in 1954 in Georgia. IIRC, on Rt.17.
> Came around a narrow curve on the north end of town, the speed limit
> signs were about 50ft apart and the cop car was was poised right
> beside the "25" sign. Stood "trial" in the back room of a small
> bar--didn't like being called "boy." The fine was $ 20. Only had
> $12 in cash & a Texaco credit card. The "court" settled for $ 10.
> Judge & cop then took me to the local Amoco station where I got to
> pay for filling up the tanks of four cars (the cop car, the
> bartender's Lincoln (aka "judge"), the gas station guy's car &
> mine). Gas price had suddenly gone up to a dollar a gallon just
> before I arrived. Surcharge for having the "wrong" credit card was
> an extra five bucks. While my car was being filled, the cop drained
> the Lincoln back into the underground tank.

Whoa doggie, did I ever get out of jail free if that's the case!!!!!

Old March 27th 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Here is a fix for the photo traps and yes it works I just moved out of
SoCal....

http://customsorento.com/store/produ...roducts_id=244

--
ZÿRiX (<>..<>)

Old March 27th 06, 04:11 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:07:05 -0700, ZÿRiX > wrote:

> Here is a fix for the photo traps and yes it works I just moved out of
> SoCal....
>
> http://customsorento.com/store/produ...roducts_id=244

Guys - if you're evern in Arizona - Scottsdale AZ now has permanent photo
radar on the 101 freeway (I've seen 1 Southbound, just North of Raintree &
1 a bit fruther South - but I guess there's more).

Fortunately, traffic's normally so damn slow on the 101 that it really
doesn't matter. Although on the approach to Raintree for the first time,
I forgot, & was doing about 110, until I slowed down to see what the
strange poles were beside the road - I got down under 76 - so was OK (It's
a 65 limit). I normally commute South on 51 in the evenings - traffic
flows much better & no photo radar.

Also, Permanent photo radar on Frank LLoyd Wright Blvd, just East of 76th
st in Scottsdale. poles in the median & warning signs earlier, too.

There's also a photo radar van on Scottsdale road (again, in Scottsdale)
about 3-4 times a month - normally parked on the SW corner of Scottsdale
Road & Princess Drive I think. Single, small white van, with stuff on top
etc - real eask to see (45 limit).

P.S. Wat's the range of these things (permanent photo radar) ? I'm betting
I can see it, before it sees me. But I'd rather not take a chance.

P.P.S. I do 80 miles commute, every day, and the 3 are the only ones I
see. I see lots of red light cameras. But only 3 photo radar - all within
about a 5 mile area. Scottsdale needs more money for road building I guess.

Old March 27th 06, 01:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

> Here is a fix for the photo traps and yes it works I just moved out of
> SoCal....
>
> http://customsorento.com/store/produ...roducts_id=244
>

> --
> ZÿRiX (<>..<>)

or you could get some women's hair spray, its clear lacquer
I put it on (the tags ) after washing the cars.
I'm not sure how long it lasts butt its cheap

kickstart

Old March 27th 06, 07:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

ZÿRiX wrote:
> Here is a fix for the photo traps and yes it works I just moved out of
> SoCal....
>
> http://customsorento.com/store/produ...roducts_id=244

Good clue -- thanx.

Old March 28th 06, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:07:05 -0600, "ZØRiX" > puked:

>Here is a fix for the photo traps and yes it works I just moved out of
>SoCal....
>
>http://customsorento.com/store/produ...roducts_id=244

Dumbass question, but what keeps you from getting nailed during the
day?
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old March 28th 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Still waiting for someone to develop a Stealth type radar-absorbing
paint..or a Predator style optical invisbility option for cars....(on
second thought that might not be such a good idea)..K