side mirror pop

Old March 29th 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default side mirror pop

Dad....as I reread my reply I forgot the <G> grin. Hope it was not taken
wrong......Mahalo Michael....

Old March 29th 06, 04:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"michael" > wrote in message
> Dad....as I reread my reply I forgot the <G> grin. Hope it was not
> taken wrong......Mahalo Michael....

NP

Old March 31st 06, 11:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Same thing happen to me on my 97. First it was the passenger side mirror,
then 3 weeks later the drivers side mirror. Neither of the mirrors had
experienced an impact hit of any type or were delibertly swung back, I
simply backed out of the garage and noticed the mirror swung out of
position. Curious you had the same problem, cost me about $300 a pop to
replace the units.

Old April 1st 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

So far so good on the 02. I took a sudden hit from a lane-splitting
biker about a month ago. I was going about 10 mph, the biker about 30
so it was 20 mph leather jacket against the mirror. "Clunked" back into
place OK. Have taken similar hits on an 01 Buick and an 03 Buick with
no failures. I think most of these hits were out near the tip of the
mirror rather than near the pivot point (root) maybe that makes a
difference, maybe the newer mirrors are upgraded.

-- PJ