Remember - Terrorism is a MICROSCOPIC problem

Old February 7th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Remember - Terrorism is a MICROSCOPIC problem

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Arif Khokar wrote:
>>
>>> They can find the images on Google. I have taken a look at them and I
>>> can certainly say that anyone who claims that they weren't meant to
>>> offend is disingenious at best and outright lying at worst.

>> You're conveniently disregarding the context in which they were drawn
>> and published (half a year ago). And the word you're after, though it
>> doesn't apply, is "disingenuous".

> Regardless of my spelling error, it does apply. The publishers were
> well aware that Islam doesn't allow images of Muhammed.

That only concerns Muslims.
The rest of the world does not have to follow your religion.

> Perhaps they
> should have done some research instead of just going ahead and
> comissioning cartoonists to make demeaning images of him.

ANY image of Muhammed is considered by Islam to be
"demeaning",sacreligious,etc.

>>> The fact is that there are people out there who demonize Islam for
>>> whatever reason

>> Y'mean like the reasons that carry on piling up in terms of firebombed
>> embassies, deaths and injuries over ink on paper?

> Deaths and injuries were either due to police action or stampedes. That
> can happen in the US in a concert or sporting event on occasion.
>
>>> More conservative and less intelligent Muslims will find other ways to
>>> deal with the issue.

>> ...and the Muslim world at large remains silent as they do so, implying
>> complicity.

> Or perhaps they aren't sympathetic to the "western" point of view. Just
> saying "I don't care if you're offended," isn't a way to get me to see
> things from your point of view. More likely than not, many of them are
> probably going to retort with "I don't care if your embassies are
> firebombed."

Then that makes them just as guilty as the firebombers.

> That's not going to be very effective in getting other
> people to see it from the other point of view. That's obviously the
> wrong way to approach the issue. Approaching the issue with mutual
> understanding and respect will allow moderates from both sides to engage
> in constructive dialog.
>
> As for complicity remark, neither I, nor any other Muslim, is
> responsible for other's actions.
> The people to blame are the one's who
> actually rioted and threw the firebombs. If you've ever watched footage
> of a riot, you'll always see that there are the select few who start
> engaging in destructive behavior.

And when has any "peaceful" Muslim identified or turned in the ones who DID
commit the crimes? By their silence,they actually SUPPORT such
terrorism,and that is exactly what it it;terrorism.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik